f i f t e e n | m e r a k i

«not edited»

meraki (v.) to do something with soul, creativity, or love; when you leave a piece of yourself in your work
[origin : greek]

s o n g s ;
i.
ii.
iii.

t u e s d a y

I was paralyzed and I was fighting against my body, literally. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see, and I couldn't hear. Anything for that matter. And I carried on this way for a good three minutes.

I lurched forward, gasping violently for air, body drenched in sweat, and my head throbbing.

This is the third nightmare I've had in five days. I really wanted the ground to swallow me whole in this moment.

I was no longer laying down, but sitting up, my chest rising up and down violently. I was still struggling to breathe. I just sat in that position for a few moments, just staring into space until I decided to grab my glasses from my nightstand and get up. But my movements were painstakingly slow, for I knew if I moved too sudden, I would be tumbling to the ground. I made up my bed and walked into my closet in search of an outfit. I didn't bother to flip on the light or draw open my blinds, so I was picking whatever the hell I could in the dark. I pulled out a comfy pair of white joggers from Aéropostale and an over sized anti social social club shirt. And I just happened to grab my white Nike trainers.

Oh shit. Oh fucking flying shit! I have XC today.

I ran into my bathroom and stripped down, stepping in the shower. I spent no more than 13 minutes and stepped out, almost slipping in the process. I threw on my clothes an painted my lips with a Mac matte lipstick.

Class starts at 7:40 and right now is...

My eyes glanced at my retro clock on the wall and I looked back on the floor at my half packed backpack. Fuck! I ran to my desk and grabbed my books and ran back to backpack stuffing all the books inside. And then it hit me. I looked back at the clock and I'm sure as hell my eyes were about to pop out of their sockets.

7:29.

Fuck. My. Life!

I had eleven minutes and I needed to pack my clothes for practice, make sure I had all my books for class, and grab something to eat before I met my early death today. And to top it all off, I felt another migraine becoming prominent in my head. Gotta pack that Excedrin now.

I threw my hair into a very messy high ponytail. My pin straight hair, now in loose beach waves from being in a braided bun all night looked like absolute shit but I was on a tight schedule. I ran into my closet, grabbing my duffle bag and finding my three stripe Adidas pants and racerback active tank. I stuffed it all in along with an Under Amour headband and the bottle of Excedrin from my dresser. I threw in my facial cleansing wipes, deodorant, hairspray, and a body spray.

7:41, is what my clock read and I was seriously about to kill someone. I'm late. And I'm going to shoot the alarm clock.

I almost slipped and fell on the staircase from rushing and I grabbed a banana, peach, and a bag of chocolate covered pretzels with caramel and breakfast. So much for taking it slow today.

Oh, goddamnit! I have orchestra today! I ran upstairs and grabbed the musical instrument before running back down the stairs.

I was late. Late! I stepped outside, locking the front door and as soon as I turned around, the rays of the sun almost killed me then and there.