t h i r t y » s e x o r c i s m

not edited

— sexorcism —
(n) sleeping with someone to get over an ex
origin ; unknown

continued from chapter twenty nine

My eyes flutter open and I see it's only been three hours later. Guess those sleeping pills really didn't work for me, I thought as I walked into the en suite and washed my face. I walk back in my room and slip on a pair of silk panties under my shorts before I grab my phone and make my way out of my room to the living room.

The limp is still in my walk but not as prominent and seeing the entire gang there, I was really praying they wouldn't notice. Blake and Marl were leaning against the wall, knocking back beers and laughing at something the other said, Pyper and Talon seemed to be in a very deep conversation, and Phoenix looked isolated from the rest, sitting alone in a corner with Judah across from him. They were both on their phones, tapping away mindlessly, not paying attention to anything, or anyone for that matter. Phoenix looked terribly pissed and I wondered what could have possibly sent him off the edge. Or maybe he was just bipolar?

There is a little limp in my walk and a deep frown etched on my face as I greet them, "Hey guys." And it does not go unnoticed by Blake. I don't stop to talk however, I continue right into the kitchen, grabbing a mineral water and bowl of popcorn.

Blake grabs my wrist as I make my way to the couch, "Adrianna, what happened?"

"Nothing," I said softly with a smile. I didn't feel like reliving the past few hours.

"Adrianna," he called softly.

"It's okay, I'm okay," I answer with a small smile and pull away, heading for the couch calling my name. I took seat, wincing as I sat down and refrained from cursing all things holy. And now Phoenix had the bloody audacity to call me while I knew for a fact he'd been watching, I felt his eyes watching my every move.

"Étoile," he called out brokenly. My eyes flashed up to his in an instant and I sent him a lovely death glare, but all that was evident in his eyes was guilt and sorrow. Oh well.

"Don't fucking call me that!" I snap rather loudly, momentarily loosing myself. Immediately after saying that, I look down at my lap, at my fingers that I'm wringing together nervously and I try to keep my tears at bay. I felt all their eyes on me, burning holes in me, - especially Phoenix's - but I refused to meet any of their gazes.

"Adrianna, what the hell happened," Blake questioned quietly, taking a seat next to me.

"Just a rough day," I turn my head to whisper in his ear, "It's my mom's death anniversary."

He scared me, turning his head quickly to face me. We were close in proximity, our breaths mingling together.

"What the hell?!" He whispered.

I shrugged in return, "I visited her this morning with Hunter," I whisper lowly, "I really didn't want anyone to know."

"Oh," he said coolly in a normal voice, turning his head down to look down at his fingers in his lap. The atmosphere in the room was undeniably suffocating, no one was talking and I knew Phoenix was staring at me and me alone. It was terribly silent until Talon broke the silence, "Let's play a game!" God bless you Talon. My eyes flickered up to his and he gave me a silent nod, I know something's wrong Adri, but it's alright, I got you.