s i x t y t w o » v a g a r y

not edited

vagary
(n) a whimsical, wild idea
origin ; latin

"Morning, princess," Phoenix's husky voice sounded in the quiet and my eyes fluttered open as a soft smile graced my lips.

"Hello, my prince," I giggled lightly before tilting my head up and pecking his lips in a chaste kiss. Immediately, he groaned and threw his arm around my bare waist, pulling me flush against his own bare body.

"Kiss me," he groaned in my hair. I tilted my head up once again and this time, he wasted no time in forcefully attacking my lips with his. He elicited a small moan from the back of my throat and I found myself pushing my body against his even more.

"I'm hungry," he rasped out, groping my bare arse.

"You're insatiable," I tittered against his lips before pulling away. My eyes flickered over to the twin bell clock sitting on his nightstand and a small groan left my lips.

"Do we ever sleep?" I whined and he laughed heartily, shaking his head. It was eight twenty eight am, we had only went to sleep at seven fifteen am after getting out of the pool at seven am.

"We're bloody incorrigible," I muttered with a laugh.

"That we are, love," he kissed my forehead, "What do you want for breakfast, princess," he asked softly.

"Absolutely not!" I exclaimed, hitting his chest, before rolling away from him, "I'm making you breakfast, it's your birthday," I emphasised 'your.'

He scoffed, pulling me back flush against his body, "Birthday or not, étoile filante, I'm cooking my princess breakfast," his voice gave no room for argument and I felt a blush crawl up my neck and cheeks.

Half an hour later, we were both freshened up - washed faces, brushed teeth, decently clothed - and making our way out of his bedroom with me on his back and his rough hands holding my thighs securely in place.

Phoenix snorted once we emerged from the corridor of his bedroom and mine and I scrunched my brows in confusion before realising what he was looking at.

"These damned fools," he murmured amusedly and I couldn't help the light laugh that escaped me. Our friends were all asleep, still sprawled out in the same places they were hours ago. I buried my face in his neck, hiding my small chortles as he continued walking into the kitchen.

"Princess, you still haven't told me what you want to eat," he said as he set me atop the marble counter. I swung my dangling feet back and forth, getting lost in a daze as I watched him move around the kitchen, getting two mugs out of the cupboard and steeping a cup of black coffee and peach lemon tea.

"Adrianna," his soft voice snapped me from my trance. Shaking my head lightly and crinkling my forehead slightly, my eyes cut to his and I squinted, trying to remember his question.

"Here, baby," he held out my mug for me to take and I did, moaning when the searing liquid slid down my throat.

"Thank you, Phoenix," I smiled.

"Adrianna, you still have yet to answer me," he said pointedly. My eyes flickered up at the ceiling for a moment and I pondered on empty thoughts, desperately trying to remember what he asked before giving up entirely.

"What was the question again," I murmured, sipping my tea. I have specific selective hearing and short term memory, and that's the bloody tea.

"You forgot," he asked with incredulity and disbelief in his irises. I, on the other hand, nodded enthusiastically with smiling eyes. He rolled his eyes, a smiled tugging at the ends of his lips.