f i f t y f i v e » p å g l e g g

not edited

— påglegg —
(adj) non-specific descriptor for anything one might consider putting on a sandwich
origin ; norwegian

"Goddamnit, give up already!" He yelled as he set the ball back over the net. 

"Absolutely not," I screamed back as I bumped the ball back at him. It was just two of us - Phoenix and I - playing now. The rest of the gang just watched from the sideline. We had been wondering the Hollywood Strip all day and now we had been at the beach for the past two hours.

The ball was travelling unbelievably fast my way after he jumped up and spiked it over the next from the back of his court. What the fuck. I slid on the sand on my knees and I was still able to bump it back over the net. I got up with much pain, wincing when I felt the searing pain my ankle and knee. I wanted to scream out loud in agony but my pride wouldn't allow it; I was not about to give up and lose against my boyfriend.

He struggled to get the ball back over - he barely did and I was quick to get up and run up to the net. And I spiked the bloody ball successfully over the net.

I laughed loudly and obnoxiously and walked off the court, not even waiting for Phoenix. My hips swayed lightly and walked over to Blake by the charcoal grill. He immediately wrapped his arm around my shoulder, a smirk on his face and a face splitting smile on mine.

The crew yelled and cheered my name while I laughed lightly, "I want a burger."

Seconds later, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me away from Blake.

"Adrianna," he growled in my ear.

"Phoenix!" I said cheerily and turned my head to look at my boyfriend already staring at me, jealousy burning in his irises.

"Don't touch my girl," he bit at Blake whilst he only laughed obnoxiously.

"Hi, babygirl," he said softly, his eyes staring back into mine.

"Hi," I said softly, feeling my cheeks tint pink.

"Damn good play you had in the end, love, caught me completely off guard," he half grinned, half smiled.

"Oh, I know," I smirked, burning on confidence. He raised an eyebrow, looking slightly taken aback before chuckling lightly and shaking his head.

Blake handed me a burger on a plate and Phoenix helped himself to a piece of steak. We sat together on the picnic blankets we had set up on the sand hours ago and we all laughed and talked, watching the waves crash along the shoreline and as the sky began to slowly succumb to darkness.

Time for us became a lost concept.

Phoenix pulled me into his lap and I couldn't help the wide smile on my face; we were completely, utterly, and blindly in love and I didn't care in the slightest.

Minutes blurred into hours and the eight of us were the only ones in Hollywood Beach. Still in his lap, I found myself getting lost in the existence of Phoenix Worthington. He whispered all his dirty thoughts and wishes in my ear and I hid my face in the crook of his neck.

"Alright, who wants to go for a swim," Marl asked.

"Let's go, étoile," Phoenix whispered, "I'll make you soaking wet," he continued huskily and I didn't miss the double meaning behind his words.

"What time is it," I asked with a chuckle.

"12:29," Pyper laughed.

"Oh, what do I have to lose," I snickered, getting up. Phoenix stood along with me, taking my hand in his.