f i f t y s e v e n » v e l l i c h o r

not edited

— vellichor —
(n) the strange wistfulness of used bookshops
origin ; new word suggestion

next morning

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

Her eyes softly fluttered open and a small yawn escaped her lips. Rolling over to his side of the bed, she huffed when she found it empty and rather cold. He's been up a while, Adrianna thought to herself. Rolling again, only this time to the end of her side of the bed, she grabbed her phone from the nightstand.

05:14, the time read on her lock screen and she internally cursed herself and Phoenix for being such early risers.

Against her lazier judgement and wanting to stay in bed, Adrianna got up, pulling her PINK charcoal grey sports bra over her head along with Phoenix's soccer jersey with his name on the back. A soft giggle left her lips seeing as the jersey came past her mid thigh.

Walking into his en suite, the mansion seemed fairly quiet for anyone to be up at the current ungodly hour for a Saturday morning. This, in turn, only made Adrianna wonder greatly where Phoenix was.

She spent all of the next fifteen minutes brushing her teeth, washing her face with Bioré and then finally drinking a glass of water.

Now she stood, in the frame of Phoenix's bedroom door, her eyes running from one end of the hall to the other as she mentally debated where she should start wandering.

Taking off in the direction of her right, she came across bedroom after bedroom and a washroom or two. Another room she poked her head in, a gasp left her lips as her eyes took in the sight of a grand library with a brilliantly high ceiling and a spiralling staircase in the back middle to take one to the second story of the room. Adrianna felt in heaven in the room, wistful even, surrounded by probably a million books in just one room. She momentarily forgot about Phoenix before remembering again and a frown settled on her lips.

Closing the door to the library, her feet silently padded along the carpeted floor as she made her way to the next room. Silently opening the door and praying for no creeks, her jaw fell open and her eyes widened.

She found Phoenix alright.

But greedily drinking in the sight of him, she wasn't sure just how much more in love she could fall for the man. She leaned against the frame of the door, her arms crossing her chest as she quietly watched him. In the middle of the rather small, cozy and antique decorated room, Phoenix sat on a small brown cushion and wooden bench before a grand piano, in just his bloody boxers. From where she was standing, she could she a single forelock of his luscious hair dangling on his forehead as he muttered to himself with a pencil in his left hand and staffs on music sheets on the piano stand.

His fingers lightly graced the keys of the piano, playing a sweet and soft melody before he stopped and scribbled on his music sheets. Adrianna lost track of time as she watched him before she decided to walk over to him and sit next to him on the bench. Phoenix visibly jumped and had a sharp intake of breath when he took into realisation of another presence in the room with him. Looking over and seeing Adrianna, he couldn't stop the soft smile that made it's way on his face.

"Good morning, my étoile filante," he said quietly, still not taking his eyes off of her. His smile widened even more when he saw what she was wearing.

"Phoenix," she said in her soft, delicate voice that he loved so much with a smile playing on her lips.

"I didn't wake you up because I thought after our long night... you would like the sleep," he smiled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. Adrianna felt a blush spread across the apples of her cheeks remembering the way he took her, cherished her, and the way his fingers trailed along her skin as if to memorise her every detail; understanding, she nodded with a bright smile.