f o r t y n i n e » t r e t å r

not edited

— tretår —
(n) on its own, "tår" means a cup of coffee and "patår" is the refill of the said coffee. a "tretar" is therefore a second refill, or a "threefill"
origin ; swedish

the next day

"Fuck!" I let out in stressed scream. Having only two days to have an ideal and impeccable piece finished, the tension was just rising tenth folds by the second. I hadn't exactly slept much in the past night and neither had Pyper; we had all but ran between each other's rooms in search of different art mediums, questions, and opinions.

Aside from that, it's been yet another day without Phoenix and he was the only thing lingering on my mind. I wasn't even sure he came home last night and my heart was just physically hurting too fucking much. I wanted nothing more than to be curled up in his arms.

My hand was working rather tenaciously, never faltering as I wrote word after word. Last night I had done most of the drawing itself - shading in the city line and colouring in the second layer with a metallic silver, and drawing the roses and leaves. I was keeping up with a grey and white theme with just hint of mint and lime. The roses and leaves were shaded in with charcoal and now all that was left was the background.

I wanted to do something that was Adrianna, something that perfectly represented my love for the arts - and that was typography, calligraphy, and handwriting. So the background was split in half, mirroring each other, the top half was written in print while the mirrored side was in script and the colours black and grey alternated every time I started a new quote, or lyric, or line of my poetry.

The dinging of my phone beside me broke me out of my thoughts, halting my lettering.

my love; adrianna, my étoile filante, i
love you and i miss you
dearly. i hope all is well,
my love ♥️

My eyes teared up reading his text and I just desperately wanted him here next to me.

me; i miss you phoenix, i love you :(

my love; i know :( and i miss you more,
but we'll see each other soon,
i'll be home later.

my love; i'm sorry, love, for what
happened last week

my love; i'm sorry for hurting you baby

Phoenix thought he hurt me? I really made things complicated didn't I? I found myself at a loss for words and it was a few minutes before I replied to him.

me; you hurt me?

me; you haven't done such thing phoenix.

me; i'm sorry for avoiding you

me; and ignoring you.

me; i have no excuse other than
my head has been a bloody mess
because i'm utterly stupid.

my love; don't ever say that
about yourself adrianna.

my love; we all have trust issues

my love; we're all afraid of who's
going to ruin us