s e v e n t e e n | d é j à b r e w

«not edited»

déjàbrew (n) slowly remembering things you did while drunk
[origin : unknown]

« J U D A H ' S P O V »
d u r i n g t h e p a r t y

What the hell?

She's fricken standing with Hunter Bazzi and don't they just look intimate.

Are you actually fucking serious?

We all stand surrounding the two, Pyper, Talon, and Marlowe looking perfectly fine and Blake actually smiling. What's he playing at? Thing is, they didn't have the same problem with Bazzi that Phoenix and I had. And without even glancing in Phoenix's direction, I knew he was pissed beyond belief. He tenses next to me and I know for a fact he wants to kill Hunter. Well so do I. She's mine, but obviously not to any stranger's eyes. Not when my cousin has her in his grasp and she's falling right into his arms.

I don't think the group realizes the tension that has thickened between Phoenix, Hunter and I. Pyper starts up a conversation with Adri and Hunter and next thing you know they're all joking like they've been friends for the longest of time. I watched Adri intently and even though she was leaned into Hunter and his arm was around her, she's got her eyes locked with Phoenix's. My eyes flickered in his direction and of fucking course he was staring right back at her. His eyes filled with love and lust, and she doesn't seem to notice, she never has, but he's been looking at her that way from the first time he's seen her.

Fucking asshole.

But I couldn't blame him. She looked absolutely breathtaking tonight, probably the most heavenly. She had the perfect hourglass shape and sun kissed tan. She's easy to fall in love with, simply.

All of sudden, my phone rings and I excuse myself from the group. I maneuver my way quickly through drunk bodies, pushing past teenagers in the kitchen until I'm walking out the backdoor into the backyard of Xander's mansion. Checking the Caller ID, I answered the call and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Yo dad," I partially yell over the loud music coming from the mansion.

"Jude, we in quite a predicament.

"They've taken down five of our men at the Liverpool Warehouse on Kreuther Drive."

"Who," I furrow my eyebrows. Whoever they are, we're their target, and they're out to get us.

"The van der Keizers," he says in a dangerously low tone and I immediately feel my blood boil.

"We need you and the rest," he grounds out and cutting the call. Well then.

I make my way back to the group and see Phoenix pissed beyond belief. I grab his shoulder and gave him a look. He immediately nods and we walk away from the group.

"We've been attacked and five of our men have been taken down," I said through gritted teeth.

He tenses up and his eyes turn shade darker even though he wasn't looking at me. He was staring at Adri and Hunter intensely. She was staring back at him and though she adverted her eyes when Phoenix looked in her direction, he knew. He knew damn well and he was feeling notorious he had all her attention.

"We need to get out of here and get the girls home. And they need to stay there while we take care of some assholes," he said emotionlessly and coldly.

He didn't wait for my reply, he just walks back to the group. The amount of things I have just to say to you Phoenix.

"We need to go," he said through gritted teeth, and immediately the guys become guarded, including Bazzi. Pyper raises a questioning eyebrow and I give her a look telling her I'd explain later. Or maybe I'll let Talon explain, she seems to always have her full attention directed at him.