f i f t y s i x » p a n a p o ' o

not edited

— pana po'o —
(v) to scratch your head in order to remember something you've forgotten
origin ; hawaiian

We were all laughing languidly, melodiously at something Cartier said and not a moment was wasted before Celeste shared her own unruly series of embarrassing memories focusing on the Worthington siblings.

"Oh my god!" Celeste exclaimed mid laugh, her eyes going wide, "I remember once when Pyper was nine and Phoenix and Blake were-"

"I LOVE THIS STORY," Pyper screamed happily and nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Oh god, I know where this is going," Blake muttered the same time Phoenix nearly screamed, horrified, "Mum shut up!"

"Ten," she continued, unfazed, "And Pyper got them to agree to be her dolls," she smiled dazzlingly. I, on the other hand, almost choked on the water I was sipping and raised my brows for her to continue.

"The mansion was rather silent while I was in the kitchen preparing lunch and I thought to myself maybe they were all just doing their own thing. But the silence carried on and I became worried because trouble only ever followed these three," she rolled her eyes teasingly, "And then just as I closed the faucet, already walking towards the kitchen door, the three came tumbling in with Pyper in front.

"She had on the widest smiles I'd ever seen on her and I think I shrieked once I looked past her and at my two boys." Phoenix and Blake were far too gone groaning and covering their faces but that didn't stop their mother.

"Pyper had done full face makeup on the two and she looked bloody accomplished. I can't lie, even at the young age, my daughter had impeccable artistry skills," Celeste smiled at her daughter. "But my two boys," her shoulders shook slightly as she chuckled, "I have pictures if you'd like to see, Adrianna," she winked and I nodded eagerly.

"Mum, I thought you loved me," Phoenix pouted, his bottom lip jutting out.

"I do, baby, which is why I'm thrilled to show Adrianna all the albums your father and I have kept," she said, smiling brightly.

"Mum," he whined covering his face, "Why did I agree to come here a second time," he groaned.

"Oh! The best part, Adrianna," Cartier spoke up, not even bothering to hide his laughs, "I walked in the very moment Pyper and the boys walked into the kitchen. And the kitchen is the first place I go once I take off my shoes."

"Just imagine his surprise when he entered," Celeste laughed wholeheartedly, "And mine when he said he wanted us to eat together on the island counter in the kitchen."

"The boys were stuck with the makeup on for quite a while!"

"Dad," Blake was the one to whine this time, tilting his head back to the ceiling. All of us, but Blake and Phoenix, were laughing until our stomachs hurt, doubling over until we were hyperventilating.

"Aw Phoenix," I looked over at him next to me, scrunching my brows together in adoration with a smile. But he wasn't buying into it as he huffed, crossed his arms over his chest, and rolled his eyes - in that very order.

"And I thought Pyper was supposed to be the drama queen," Cartier muttered under his breath, but we all heard and it set us off into another fit of laughter, save for Phoenix.

Another hour went by and we all found ourselves in the grand living room, each with a bowl of Alsatian Rhubarb Tart. I was curled into Phoenix's side watching intently as Phoenix and his father were deep in conversation about their company; Blake seemed to focused solely on his phone and Pyper and her mother were animatedly having their own conversation.