f i f t y t h r e e » g l u g g a v e ð u r

not edited

— gluggaveðer —
(pronoun) literally "window-weather" - the type of weather that is best appreciated indoors
origin ; icelandic

We were driving on the 75, on the way to Siesta Key. My feet were up on the dash and Phoenix was driving pretty wild. The freeway was absolutely empty, no other car except ours. We were rocking out to James Bay's Wasted on Each Other. I was singing along softly but as Phoenix started singing rather loudly, I started belting out the lyrics.

The sun was shining, the roof of the convertible was down, but we were both out of Starbucks.

"We're pulling over on the next rest stop, baby. I need to use the washroom and a bloody Starbucks refill," Phoenix stated as his hand rested on my thigh.

"Okay," I smiled in his direction.

"Let's go," he came by my door and opened it for me. He wrapped his arm around my waist once I stepped out. We walked into Starbucks together, immediately turning heads. I took note of all the guys staring in my direction and all the girls in Phoenix's. What a damn unsettling feeling.

Phoenix gripped my waist tighter as he sent glares to everyone surrounding us, "Stay here and don't move, I'll be quick," he whispered hurriedly.

"Can't make any promises there, but okay," I stated through gritted teeth as I stared down two guys in particular. They were sitting in swivel chairs and a glass table was situated in the middle of them. They each had a colourful drink sitting on the table, they both had a cigarette, and they both were staring at me.

"Oh, go to hell already," I muttered under my breath, my eyes narrowing to slits at the two guys. They were blatantly staring at me, snickering about something and it fucking irked me!

"Oh fuck it," I said through gritted teeth and despite Phoenix's word, got up from the barstool. Time to be a bitch.

"Hello, beautiful," the one on the right winked.

"Hey, what drink is this?" I picked up the dark red drink.

"It's the blueberry pomegranate iced tea infusion," the one on the left answered while he was undressing me with his bloody eyes.

"Oh! I love that drink," I chimed obnoxiously.

"You'll also love when I fuck that pink pussy of yours later," he winked. I'm about to cut his throat.

I laughed wholeheartedly as I took off the lid of the cup.

"Is that so?" I ask in a sardonic tone. Before he could answer, the tall drink was poured over his head and I smirked as it ran down his short sleeved button up. He asked for it.

"Do you know who the hell I am?" I asked tauntingly. The guy on the right stood up, attempting to look intimidating; but I wasn't having it.

"I am Adrianna Vasiliev, face of Vasiliev and Co. What are you going to do? Would you like to fucking try me asshole," I sneered as he sat back down, in turn looking intimidated.

"Étoile," Phoenix breathed by my side, "Are you okay?" He didn't look mad, with me at least as he sent the two guys murderous glares.

"I'm okay," I nodded my head with a small smile, "Just making sure certain people know not to fuck with me."

"Do not fucking talk to my girl," Phoenix sneered lastly before whisking me away toward the counter with his arm around my waist.

The barista stared at us as if we were royalty and quite frankly, the girl looked rather frightened.