t h i r t y s i x » s e v d a h

not edited

— sevdah —
(n) lovesickness or sense of yearning or longing for love
origin ; turkish root

Blake, Pyper, Phoenix, and I were currently sitting in Haagen Dazs on South Beach. We're seated in a booth, Phoenix and I sitting next to each other, and Blake and Pyper sitting across from us. I'm not really certain about what's going on between Phoenix and I, there's definitely a spark, but neither of us- I don't know. Our date at Pier 31 was amazing and being with Phoenix made it all the more magical. Every night, I go to bed thinking about the way it felt with his arm around my waist, keeping me pulled close against his body as we walked along the boardwalk. He was perfect and I knew I loved him. I was wild and reckless with my emotions and being with Phoenix is bringing out the realest and rawest emotions in me yet.

What I am certain about however is the secret relationship between Pyper and Talon. Well Blake and I found out at the same time, but we'll say I found out first. Given, Pyper and Talon don't exactly know that we know, but hey, that's our secret about their secret.

Sitting besides me is Phoenix, dressed in white swim trunks, shirtless, and sports sunglasses perched on his head. He has on a perfect smile, showcasing his white pearls, looking striking with his nose piercing and ring. I'm dressed in a bright yellow Triangl bikini top and Nike track shorts. There's a walrus tooth necklace dangling from my neck along with Lokai bracelets stacked on my arms. Pyper had on a neon blue Triangl bikini top and hot pink track shorts. And she was eye-catching with her wild pink hair. Blake was shirtless as well, just wearing beach shorts and had a volleyball under his arm. Was it obvious we were hanging at the beach earlier?

A waiter comes over and I see a smirk playing on Blake's lips as we order. I know exactly what's gonna happen. The waiter couldn't make it anymore obvious that he wanted me with his blunt flirtations directed at me.

"You can't get his numero before we leave," Blake challenges as soon as the waiter leaves us.

"I can't," I question, smirking. Challenge accepted, Blakey Boy.

"What the fuck," Phoenix muttered, angrily. I felt him tense up beside me and I knew he was silently fuming when I turned my head slightly and our eyes met. I glance over to see Blake looking smug as ever. Asshole set this up. So apparently, it was obvious to everyone but Phoenix and I that we were in love. And the two of us were oblivious, so every chance our friends got, they played us.

We conversed easily, laughing and throwing our heads back as we talked endlessly. Pyper shares a story of Phoenix when they were younger and Phoenix wraps his arm around my waist as we all get thrown into another fit of laughter. And the gesture most definitely does not go unnoticed by his siblings.

"Ooh, Adri," Pyper winks.

"Get it, little brother," Blake whistles. I felt my face flush and I turn my head into his chest, hiding. Phoenix, on he other hand, throws his head back laughing.

The waiter returns and I quickly pull away from Phoenix, eliciting a growl from the back of his throat.

"Hi," I smile charmingly as the young boy. Why do I agree to these things?

Phoenix gets jealous, that much is made obvious, as he once again wraps his arm around my exposed midriff, tighter this time and pulls me flush against his shirtless chest.

The waiter didn't care the slightest as he smiled, showing his perfectly straight teeth. "Adrianna, are you single?" He asked with a smirk. Blake and Pyper stifle a laugh and Phoenix tenses against me. Hilarious.