t w e n t y e i g h t » a e s t h e t e

not edited

— aesthete —
(adj) someone with deep sensitivity to the beauty of art or nature
origin ; greek

february 17th
adrianna and marlowe's party

The anxiety eating away at me for the past forever - especially the past few days - for this party, that was taking place tonight, as in, it was happening in a few hours, was unfair. I was excited, but anxious; ready, but nervous. We had spent the entirety the day getting ready, decorating the mansion, putting together playlists, and getting together food and drinks. Marlowe and I had spent half the day in the kitchen preparing food, Phoenix had gotten the drinks, Blake got the cake, and as far as I know, Pyper, Talon, and Judah had taken up decorating.

It was seven now, giving us a good hour and a half before guests started arriving. The party was to be somewhat formal, but the look I was going for was anything but - it was a bit too scandalous. Oh well. It was a very exposing rose gold maxi dress. The top part was a wide and low v-cut, just enough to cover my breasts, half of my stomach was exposed, and the bottom flowed to the ground. There were two wide slits from above my waist down to the ground - one down my right leg and one down my left leg. And even with seven inch heels, the dress still lightly grazed the ground.

Pyper reaction upon seeing my dress was, in simple terms, priceless. Her jaw dropped and she went on incessantly about how she loved it and that she wanted to borrow it. And now, sitting on her vanity while she worked her magic and did her makeup, she sported a cute pout as I told her before, 'maybe someday, Pyper.'

Once she was done, I looked at myself in the mirror and was once again taken aback by Pyper's work. The girl was really a make up artist; my eyebrows were done to perfection, with a natural arch, it was brushed and combed, giving it an illusion that it was thicker than usual. I had on glittery gold eyeshadow and my winger eyeliner was thick and neat. The mascara was also thick enough to to make my lashes look fake and make my eyes look far more bolder. And lastly, my lips were painted with a matte dark red lipstick. She got started right on her own as I parted my hair down the middle and let it cascade past my shoulder in beach waves.

§

It was 9:30 and the party was in full swing downstairs. The music was blaring and I couldn't wait to get a flute of champagne in my hand. Pyper was finally, finally done with her makeup and her outfit and we were now making our way down the spiral staircase. I wasn't sure what exactly was formal about the party except for the suits and classy, yet scandalous dresses. Bodies were grinding against each other and drinks were being knocked back. Immediately stepping off the last step, my eyes locked with Phoenix's, who was standing nothing short of a few feet away from me. He greedily drunk in my appearance and I was frozen in my spot. He was dressed in a gold tan suit with a white dress shirt and a rose gold bow tie. His hair was messy, in a sexy way - clearly he had ran his hand through it various times.

"Adrianna," he whispered my ear, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Phoenix," I whisper back, leaning into him. I knew people were staring all around, but I couldn't care less. Feeling his touch, being in his arms, it made my adrenaline rush, it sent thrills of excitement all over my body.

The doorbell rang, breaking us out of our moment, but instead of letting me go, Phoenix kept his arm tightly around my waist and together we walked to the front door. Opening the door, I came face to face with Adrian, Serena, and her boyfriend, Axel.