Chapter 8:Victory After A Bloody Battle

(Rafe's POV):

I heard a scream,causing my eyes to open and I sat up quickly,ignoring the searing pain on my back.I was up in the air,on a strange,blue dragon-like Pokémon above a battle.Heavy rain was pouring down,and my damp brown hair covered half of my face.I looked down and saw that our army's morale is rising,the Shifters are losing.That's when I caught sight of Sora getting thrown to the ground by a Machamp.She crashed to the ground,and the Machamp landed a punch on her stomach,making her scream out in agony.No one was around to save her,so I grabbed my Blaziken's Pokéball and sent him out.

"Blaziken,use Blaze Kick on that Machamp!"I quickly ordered.The strange,blue Pokémon allowed me to jump down,and I rushed to Sora's side as soon as the Machamp was out of the way.I froze.Why do I feel as if I wanted to protect her?To stay by her side and make sure she is safe?

Sora stood up,clutching her stomach,her face clearly showing pain.She just smiled at me as she got up and grabbed her large sword."Thanks.Are you okay?"She questioned me as she took a few hidden blades in her boot and threw it at a Charizard Shifter.It groaned in pain and crashed to the ground.

"I'm fine.My back just felt a bit painful."I mumbled as I tried to dodge a Mienshao's Aura Sphere.I ducked up just in time to avoid a Scizor's X-Scissor attack.

"Look out!"Sora shouted and blocked a Magical Leaf attack from a Gardevoir Shifter.We're almost winning,I can feel it.

I gasped when Sora threw a blade toward me.I closed my eyes,but nothing happened.I heard a thud and I turned around just to see a Typloshion Shifter on the ground,a small blade embedded deep in his chest.Sora grinned at me.

"Your welcome."She smiled as she took down a Tauros Shifter.

* * *

(May's POV):

I couldn't think of anything else to do,so I took a short stroll at the beach,kicking the sand and enjoying the breeze of the beach.The sun was shining brightly,and the Wingulls chirped happily.My mind went to what Sora told me when we were here.

"You are the only girl Drew had,you know,that look on you."What does she mean by that?What kind of look?My mind kept pondering with these questions.I can't stop thinking about Sora's words,can't stop thinking about Drew.Why is he always in my mind?I always try to find a way to distract myself,but it was as if he was glued on my mind.My heart always beats faster whenever I'm around him,and my stomach turns into Butterfrees whenever he does something for me,even the littlest things.Why am I acting like this?

"But,do you like Sir Drew?"I froze when Sora's voice rang inside my head like a bell.Me?Like Drew?How could that possibly be true?I mean,he is cute,hot and all,but one thing I hate about is that his arrogant attitude.Sometimes,I would like to slap some tape on his lips to silence him.But,do I like Drew?

I sighed as I kicked a small stone.It rolled down the sand,leaving a small trail behind it.I gasped when another question entered my mind:what is Drew to me?Is he a friend?Or something.....more?

"But after I saw the way he looked at you,I know who he belongs with.I'm giving up on him."Those words that Sora told me.Who he belongs with?The way he looked at me?It doesn't make any sense at all!I guess I should be reading more romance books to understand this....this feeling that I can't understand.