Chapter 24:Is This Love?

Mas sprang awake,panting heavily and sweat trickling down her forehead as she looked around nervously.She sighed with relief when she found herself near her brother,and everyone else is asleep.'Just...A dream...'She thought as she wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her right hand.'But it...Felt real.'She thought,and hid her face with her hands.'I can't trust anyone?What does that mean?'She asked herself.She suddenly gasped when she heard Sora move.

"Sora?"She turned toward the brunette.Sora placed a finger to her lips as she carefully jumped down the tree branch.Her looong,hair,which was let loose,flowed down like a brown waterfall on her back and was a bit messy.Sora cautiously looked around her surroundings,her fists balled up and positioned in front of her,ready to fight if someone suddenly jumps in.

May screamed when Sora got tackled to the ground by a man just their age.Sora kicked him on the stomach,causing him to moan in pain and collapse to the ground.Sora grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and rolled the two of them,then pinned him to the ground,glaring hard at his amber eyes.Everyone was awake right now and looked over in alarm as Sora stood up,still pinning him to the ground with her legs.

"Sora,what happened?"Takeo asked as he used the blunt edge of his spear to keep him down.Sora shook her head and turned toward the black-haired attacker.

"Who are you?"She asked him through gritted teeth.The man just glared at her.

"Better let me go,princess,or else."He threatened.Sora's right eye twitched,but she restrained herself from smacking him on the face.The man just smirked and grinned smugly at her before Takeo grabbed him."Easy there,I'm just a fugitive.No harm will be done. "He answered,rolling his amber eyes.

Takeo's eyes narrowed,suddenly,the man used his legs to grab him and kicked him off him.Takeo was sent flying,and he hit a tree.

"Takeo!"Sora shouted and ran toward the Lunar Warrior.She helped him get up while Rafe took care of the attacker.

May and the others backed away as the attacker took out some blades and hurled it at random directions.Rafe was hit on the shoulder,while the others were able to avoid the dangerous blades.

Drew instantly transformed into a Darkrai and used Dark Void on him.The attacker collapsed to the ground.

The others sighed with relief when they found out its safe.Sora glanced at Takeo."You okay?"She questioned.Takeo just smiled at her and nodded.

"I'm fine,thanks."Takeo allowed Sora to let go of him.Sora rushed toward the injure Rafe,spreading out the Wings of Enlightenment.

Drew transformed back into a human and rushed toward the shocked May."Everything okay?"He asked the Princess of the East.She slowly nodded.

"Are you hurt?"May asked him worriedly.Being the cocky bastard he is,Drew smirked and flicked his hair.

"Of course.Thanks to me,we defeated that attacker."He answered.May just giggled.He's still the same old Drew,even though their kingdoms have fallen and that they have nowhere else to go.

Sora knelt down beside Rafe.She gazed at his injury on his shoulder and placed her hand on the hilt of the blade.

"Rafe,this is gonna hurt."She told him softly.Rafe nodded.

"Just get this over with."He said with a low moan.Sora carefully pulled out the blade from Rafe's shoulder.Rafe bit his lower lip,trying hard not to scream,but failed.He let out a groan,and Sora tried her best to calm him down.She carefully assisted him in removing his shirt.Audrey and Kathryn were crying,worried about the safety of their older brother.Rafe groaned out as Sora's hand accidentally touched his wound.