Chapter 28:Operation "Bring May and Drew Together"

May was woken up by the sound of footsteps echoing in the temple.Her eyes fluttered open,then she squinted her eyes as sunlight that went through the transparent windows greeted her eyes.

She groaned and sat up,her eyes still barely open.She groggily rubbed her eyes and yawned,then stretched.

"Good morning."A deep voice greeted her,causing her to jump.She turned to her right and her sapphire eyes met a pair of beautiful emerald ones.Drew smiled at her as he folded his sleeping bag.

May nodded and stretched her legs."Morning."She mumbled.Drew tried to hold back his laughter when he saw what May looks like right now.She looked as if she slept through a storm,her hair was poofy,there was still drool on her face and some of her hair covered her face.

He cleared his throat and regained his composure."So,slept well?"He questioned and stood up.May nodded happily as she glanced at Sora and Rafe,then sighed with a dreamy expression.

The sight was adorable.Both of them fell asleep in a sitting position.Rafe was leaning on the wall,clutching on Sora protectively while the Young Dragoness' head was resting on his shoulder,snoring softly.Her loooooooong hair was let loose,forming a brown pool around her.For the first time,she looked peaceful in her sleep,not the usual scared one because of the nightmares she's always having.

"Sooooo adorable!"May squealed.She was happy for her best friend,and she was also glad Sora chose Rafe.Underneath his cocky and condescending self is a caring and overprotective man who would do anything for those he cared for.He's perfect for Sora.

May sighed,wondering if the same would happen between her and Drew.'Pffft!Keep dreaming,May!'She thought,mentally rolling her eyes.

May got up,then started fixing herself up.Out of the corner of her eye,she saw Drew sigh and walk outside.After fixing herself up,May followed Drew,curious of where he's going.

She found herself in a field where many flowers bloom.A gentle breeze blew her hair and the sweet smell of flowers lingered in the air.May searched for Drew,but with difficulty.

She wandered around,trying to find the green-haired teenager.She sighed and decided to go around the field and pick some flowers.

She stopped when she stepped on something,or someone.

"Oof!"May backed away and screamed,then looked down and saw Drew.Her face flushed red when she wondered if he saw what's under her skirt.

"I-I-I'm s-so sorry!"May stuttered,her face still red.Drew grunted and rubbed his face with his hands.

"You should watch where you're going!"He shouted.May grew angry and put her hands on her hips.

"Sorry if I didn't see you!And it's not my fault you blend in the grass!"She shot back.Drew's glared at her.

"You should learn how to use your eyes properly."He sighed and sat up.May just stood there awkwardly,not knowing what to do or what to say.

Meanwhile

Sora peaked through the bush and watched May and Drew,waiting for 'something' to happen.Behind her was Rafe,Kohaku,Takeo and Abby,who were also sneakily peeking through the bushes.

"They're still not going for it?"Rafe asked with a sigh.Sora also sighed with disappointment.

"We have to do something to bring them together."Abby stated,brushing aside her bangs.

Sora suddenly snapped her fingers."Got it!"Everyone turned toward her,raising an eyebrow in confusion.Sora grinned."Let's start Operation B.M.A.D.T!"She exclaimed with a proud grin.