Chapter 29:The Pure Shall Be Stained

(May's POV):

We all gathered around Dradian and Deagron,all eyes locked on the two former Guardians,who were gazing at us with their eyes filled with worry,fear,anger,other emotions I can't make out.I was scared,many bad thoughts entered my mind.Are we too late?Have the Shifters accomplished what they want?Or is it something more?

"Dradian,why did you call?"I asked the elegant dragoness.She smiled,but it was fake.That fake smile made me feel more scared,more worried.Dradian cleared her throat,then gazed at me softly.

:I was told...:Dradian trailed off.:That soon,the gates to the Land of the Dead will re-open,the spirits will enter the human world and cause chaos and destruction:Dradian told us sadly.I gasped,so did the others.Re-open the gates to the Land of the Dead?But how?How is that even possible without the Red Eclipse?

"How is that possible?"Sora questioned,furrowing her thin eyebrows in confusion."That only happens if the Red Eclipse occurs,or if Deamon opens it...."Sora's jaw dropped when she dawned into realization.

All of us froze.Deamon!The Shifters already captured him!

Dradian nodded.:Yes.But they need a Darkrai and Cresselia for that,so there's still hope:Dradian said,then she and Deagron directed their attention towards me and Drew.

A Darkrai and Cresselia.....That's us.Me and Drew cam transform into a Darkrai and Cresselia.So that's why they're after us,they need us.

"But how?"Takeo asked,twirling his spear in his fingers.His navy-blue hair was a bit messy right now,now split into ten different directions.

Sora nodded in agreement."How are they gonna open the gates?The Red Eclipse occurs about once in a thousand years,and what does the Darkrai and Cresselia have yo do with it?"She questioned.She spun her long hair in her hands,staring nervously at Dradian.Her sapphire eyes,which usually burns with determination,looks scared and worried.Even the Young Dragoness is scared...

:There's another way:Dradian stated,her jade eyes staring at her.All of us perked up at her words.Another way?

Dradian sat down in front of us,while Deagron just stood there,still keeping a straight face.

I closed my eyes,listening to Dradian's sweet voice as she started to tell us a story.

* * *

"Once upon a time,there was a kingdom that lived in peace and prosperity under the rule of two Pokémon,the kingdom of Hoenn.

It was divided into two villages,the Eastern Flame village,who was governed by Nigasai,the lovely flame maiden of the East,and the Western Dragon,ruled by Nishirogon,the Emerald Dragon of the West.They all lived together happily,and were contented with their lives.