Chapter 16:Stay Strong

Sora weakly trudged on the streets of the kingdom,limping pitifully .Everyone turned toward her direction,gazing at her worriedly.Sora hung her head,not wanting to meet eye contact with the other people around her.She felt weak,but she doesn't want them to worry,she doesn't want to show any sign of weakness to her people.She could hear the people whispering worriedly at each other as they surrounded her,but she chose to ignore them and limped on.A woman and her daughter approached Sora,wondering what's the problem.

"Lady Sora,are you alright?"The woman asked worriedly.Sora raised her head and smiled,but the woman gasped.Her face was stained with blood and was full of bruises,her eyes were red.Her body was trembling,but she still tried to stand tall.

"I'm alright.It's just a few injuries."She smiled at her,then hung her head again."I'm fine."She contiued limping toward the castle,while the citizens followed her,making sure they were there if she collapses.They're not going to just leave the Dragoness during a time of need even if she protests.She has done a lot for their kingdoms,and they'll do anything to repay her.

She reached the castle,where Rafe and the others were waiting.Everyone gasped when they saw what state she's in.

'Stay strong,Sora.'She told herself.'Do not show any sign of weakness.Do not show your pain.'

"Sora!What happened?"Rafe asked,standing worriedly in front of her,but Sora ignored him.

'Stay strong...Do not...'She suddenly bursted to tears.She collapsed in Rafe's arms as she sobbed uncontrollably in his shoulders,her fragile body trembling as he gently pulled her in a comforting embrace.She can't hold it in anymore.She can no longer take it.

Everyone froze in shock.The Young Dragoness of the West,the girl who was brought back to life by the Legendaries,the Guardian of Humanity,the girl who was said to have suffered through a lot of pain,but still managed to keep smiling,is crying in front of them.The strong dam can no longer contain the water it is holding,it finally broke.

Rafe gently wrapped his arms around her,rubbing her back as she let all the tears,all the tears that she held back for years of suffering.She sobbed on his shoulder and hiccupped.

"Tell me what happened."Rafe told her softly.Sora spoke through hiccups,but only Rafe can understand her.All her friends were worried,this is the first time they saw her cry like this.Who knew,that sweet,cheerful Sora is holding back such pain?Takeo sighed and knelt down beside Rafe,watching Sora cry out.

"H-H-H-Hir-r-ro..."Sora said between hiccups.

"What did he do to you?!"Takeo asked.He knew it.He should have just seperated them while he can,but seeing her smile and laugh with Hiro,he hesitated with forcing Hiro and Sora apart.He should have just got in between them.

"H-h-h-e..."Sora sobbed harder."He k-k-killed himself!"She sobbed much harder.She was now letting it all out,her grief,her pain,her anger,her despair.May gasped as she got on her knees beside Sora,then pulled the brunette in a warm embrace.She still remembered Hiro's words,his last words before he was taken away from her.

* * *

Hiro pulled out the dagger,his chest now bleeding.Sora collapsed to the ground as soon as she saw what Hiro did.Hiro fell on his knees,pulling her in a tight embrace as they both sobbed.