➸ ONE

Hey, how was your day?

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But like you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

—————

Thalia Lively

I watched on as the two elder ladies spoke, they looked at each other with such kindness. I watched on in admiration.

"Thalia." My grandma, Heidi but I always preferred to call her Nonna, turned around calling my name. She motioned with her hand for me to come forward. I obligated even though all I wanted to do was run back upstairs so I could catch the sunset from my bedroom window.

I walked from the doorstep, down to the drive way where my grandma stood and the other lady she was speaking to.

"Jenna, this is my granddaughter Thalia." She says while smiling widely causing wrinkles to appear around her small doe-shaped hazel eyes.

Jenna was a dark haired, tall and lean lady. She didn't seem as old as my grandma but probably in her fifties. She wore a long grey cardigan, holding it closed in front of her, attempting to keep her body warm from the wind.

"Hey, wow you're gorgeous! It's a pleasure to finally meet you, your grandmother talks about you daily." She shook my hand and chuckled at my grandma as she swatted at Jenna.

I blushed but laughed quietly as Nonna shrugged.

They continued talking, having a lighthearted conversation but I tuned out, the yellow and orange leafs catching my attention. It was my favourite season, and I couldn't be more... content. Not quite happy but I was brought into a peaceful state.

The sky was a light grey with some darker parts scattered across, but I knew the sky would clear around 8/9pm and I would get to see the sunset. I can already see the clouds moving across, allowing the sun shine through.

The leafs were slowly and peacefully falling off the trees and onto the newly dried ground, the rain was getting heavier recently according to Nonna.

I didn't mind the rain or the sometimes heavy wind, I've always liked it even as a kid. The loud thunder during the night brought a sense of calmness.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Nonna lightly tapped my shoulder. She looked at me with concern. "You okay?"

I shrugged it off and nodded at her assuringly. "Yeah, sorry I spaced out."