➸ TWENTY

Hey guys, good morning! It's 7:30am and I'm awake and writing this before school because lately school, basketball practice, wattpad, home life, etc have all been clashing and my time has been getting limited. Those are no excuses though, I swear I'm committed to writing this book and going on this journey with all of you by my side.

It's getting harder to really pick out people for shoutouts because so many of you vote and comment now (thank you so much by the way, I love you) and I don't get to see every comment or vote. I don't know how I'm going to do this if this book ever gets a lot more reads because I really just want to acknowledge everyone.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I opened my eyes unwillingly when I was woken up from my peaceful nap by Nonna's raspy voice, yelling up from the bottom of the stairs. I groaned sadly, not wanting to leave my bed that had a huge mess of blankets and pillows being spread around my body. I immediately fell into a deep sleep once I got home.

"Nonna." I whined, not wanting to know what she needed me for. My eyes closed the second they opened, not being ready to wake up. I hated the fact that my mind was awake before my body, because now it's even harder to get out of bed.

"Thalia, please just one second." Her hurried voice said loudly, the sound echoing throughout the hollow house. The white painted walls blinded me as the sun rays bounced right off of them and straight into my poor, hazel eyes. I forcefully pulled myself up and ran down the stairs in nothing but my shorts and a t-shirt, not caring how zombie-like I looked. After tiredly reaching the last few steps of the almost never ending staircase, my eyes went straight to Nonna who stood at the door smiling.

She didn't look like she was in a rush at all, she looked rather relaxed and collected. My temper slowly started raising when the thought of bringing me down for no reason hit me. I suddenly felt someone's presence behind me and I looked at Nonna with narrowed eyes, she however paid no attention to me since she was too busy making eye contact with the stranger behind me.

"Sleeping beauty's finally awake." I closed my eyes gently when I heard an all too familiar voice, coming from right behind me. I turned around and looked at into his forest green eyes, pouting.

"Nonna, why did I have to wake up?" I leaned my head on Nathan's chest since it started getting heavier as it silently begged for a pillow for it to lay on. His chest was enough for me to have my mood be brought into a calm state. I could only imagine the perfectly chiseled abs under his shirt, which were ironically very comfortable.

"I'm heading over to Riley's house now, you needed to be awake to entertain our guests." My eyes snapped to her and then slowly wondered around the room, abruptly stopping at a group of nuisances that should be in their own homes and not in mine, interrupting my needed sleep. I blinked at them, inhaling somewhat deeply as I tried becoming okay with the fact that I couldn't go back to sleep now.

"Stop looking at us like that." Riley piped up in the silent room that now excluded Nonna as she sneakily exited.

I looked at her confusingly. "Like what?" I asked, still leaning on Nathan for support as my legs called out for a break but I remained standing on them.