➸ FIFTY NINE

This chapter is short and all over the place— definitely not one of my bests and I'm sorry :( I haven't been feeling the inspiration to write lately which has been making it hard as FUCK to write but don't worry, I'm making a comeback... a slow one but one regardless.

I love you, thank you for staying patient.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively Castillo

A soft breeze blew around me, sending shivers down my spine but I didn't mind it as I stood in the balcony connected to Nathan's room in nothing but my pyjamas. I didn't feel like eating so I skipped out on breakfast with everyone else and decided to watch the sunrise instead.

Everyone in this house woke up so early that I'm beginning to think that they barely even sleep in general. It's throwing me into a good routine though, I've been more active and on my feet than I've been in the last year and a half. But then again, everyone's practically on their toes lately as we anxiously wait for Victor's release.

The weather perfectly resembled our lives at the moment; the calm before the storm. Birds were chirping in the distance as I assume they're flying around in the somewhat distant evergreen forest that surrounded The Code mansion. The forest was so intriguing that I haven't been able to take my eyes off of it. It was so mysteriously beautiful. The different shades of green blended into each other so perfectly, including the faint yellow and orange in the background omitting from the sun that rose slowly. It previously rained which I'm thankful for because I prefer the rain over the snow sometimes.

Shockingly enough, it also wasn't cold outside either which seemed to have worked in Nathan's favour as I spotted him jogging up the driveway as he came back from his morning run. Per usual, the mere sight of him made my heart speed up.

The dim, freshly rained on setting made him stand out even more. I felt the itch to hide from his view and go back inside to avoid looking like a creep but I really, really, didn't want to look away.

He still didn't notice me as he came to slow stop and began walking up the long driveway instead of jogging. He pushed his curls away from his face then put his hands on his hips as he caught his breath. I bit my lip unknowingly but freeze once he smiles to himself. His eyes trail up to meet mine and I can't back out now— I've already been spotted.

He smiled at me before entering the house and leaving my view and that's when I finally let out the breath I've been holding in for the last few seconds. It's been so long and he still had this effect on me, not that I mind because at this point, he's the only thing that's actually making me feel something other than anxiety.

I walk back into the room and begin making the bed that I should've made when I got up but I was too lazy to. Midway of me cleaning the room, I heard him finally emerge up the staircase and into the room in all his sweaty glory.

"Good morning," he walked over to me and kissed my forehead then walked over to his closet to prepare for his shower.

"Morning," I reply softly. I walk over to my small pile of clothes I brought here but clearly not enough if we're going to be staying here for more than a few days. "Can I borrow this?" I show him his grey champion hoodie and he nods.