➸ THIRTY EIGHT

hEYO

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

Today was officially considered another boring Sunday. Riley sat in my living room, spread out on my couch, completely and utterly focused on her phone. I, on the other hand, was searching for a show or movie to watch on Netflix. Nothing is catching my eye though, which frustrates me because I'm bored and I need something to focus my attention on.

"You two haven't moved an inch since I last saw you like half an hour ago," Nonna said as she entered the living room and plopping down beside me on the couch.

"It's Sunday, there's nothing to do." Riley complained as she shut off her phone and sat up straight on the smaller couch, which was on the other side of the room.

"Call the boys, they're great at entertaining people." Nonna gave us a suggestion.

"They're all at work." I answered and turned down her suggestion which made Nonna go into thinking mode.

"Go to the mall?" She said.

"We always do that and I'm not feeling it today." Riley turned her idea.

"What about Mason, is he busy?" Nonna asked Riley, really trying to take us out of boredom and I don't think I've loved anyone more than her. Her regular sized cardigan was wrapped around her as we entered January so the cold got sharper, I feel like the wind somehow trespasses through the seams of the house, since it always cold in here nowadays.

"He's at the house but he's with his friend Axel so I don't want to bother them." Riley said and my eyes widened for a quick moment as I recollected the past memory of Axel and I; dancing in a club. We weren't that inappropriate while doing so but again, we were closely dancing in a club which not to mention was a weird first impression.

"Yet he always bothers you no matter what the circumstances are," Nonna snickered then got up, heading for the coat rack. She grabbed her long black winter jacket and slipped it on, then reached for her gloves and scarf.

"Where are you going?" I questioned, my tone coming off a little more hurried than usual. I feel uneasy letting her out of my sight, especially after seeing her struggle to walk down the hallway last night. I woke up around one a.m. to get some water and I happened the catch her just as she was going back to her room, stumbling around and taking a break half way through the hallway. I thought it could've just been because she was tired so I didn't tell her about it, not yet at least.

"I'm just taking a walk, I need some fresh air after being stuck in here for a while." She explained and gave me a warm smile, walking over to me and kissing my cheek then hugging Riley tightly. "I'll be back soon, in the meantime I say you get your brother to take you two out, after him being so focused on school maybe spending some time with him would be nice." Nonna said to Riley before making her exit, which left Riley and I alone in a huge– cold, very cold– house.

"Can we just stay in?" I whined, not wanting to listen Nonna's command.

"Definitely not, Heidi is absolutely right, let's go." And with that we were heading to her house which was just across the street. I've come to find out that once Riley makes up her mind, I can't seem to change it.

Riley sprinted in front of me as she tried escaping the cold which resulted in me following her since I too, hated the bone chilling weather. We entered her house abruptly, both of us shivering regardless of the fact that we had our jackets on. We took off our shoes and went deeper into her house, finding ourselves in the kitchen where she went straight for her fridge. It only took a couple seconds before two dogs raced down the stairs and found their place by my chair. My heart immediately melted as I reached down for Chase and Maxwell, my mood lightening from their presence. They both jumped up and on me and fell onto my back, giggling as I tried to push them gently away from my face— that they desperately tried to lick. I heard two male laughs and I looked up to see Mason and Axel watching me as I hugged Chase to my chest.