➸ TWENTY SIX

Hey friends that I love dearly and hope forgive me for the long awaited update, *nervous smile*

Please read the authors note at the bottom! + WARNING; if you are imagining the characters as someone else, just skip really fast near the bottom because I will be revealing who I think should play as Nathan. A lot of people keep asking for the cast so I will be putting one together— even though my original goal was to NOT make a cast at all. Maybe I'll just cast Thalia and Nathan and you guys can imagine the rest to look like however you want.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

—————

Thalia Lively

I sat on the side of my bed numbly, staring at the shoe box I tucked away under my night stand. I don't know long I've been sitting here, not being able to remove my gaze from the box that held every childhood memory that I can't seem to remember myself. I've never seen what was inside, maybe it was because I was too stubborn and I want to remember everything on my own, or maybe I was too afraid to look.

I remember bits and pieces but not enough to put the whole puzzle together. I remember my family but very briefly. I remember playing soccer, that must've been a huge part of me since that memory and feeling stuck to me while everything else was wiped away.

My numb stare turned into a gaze of longing, I so desperately wanted to see what I had lost, the curiosity was killing me but no matter how badly I wanted to look, I never did and never will. The hidden memories seem to be locked in a safe at the back of my mind, the emotions remained free in the open though. The unknown emotions flowed inside of me with freedom, pulling at every nerve in my body carelessly. It was like having paint but no canvas. It was like having a field with no soccer ball. Emotions but no memory to connect them to.

"Still haven't opened it, huh?" Nonna's voice took over the silence. My eyes were glued to the box, I didn't bother looking her way but even if I wanted to, I couldn't.

I shook my head slowly, becoming angry at the fact that I was the only thing holding myself back from my past. I felt the bed dip beside me, and a hand rub my back comfortingly.

As time passed by, gaps in my mind were being filled but it wasn't enough. I remember my love for them, my adoration for them. I need more though, I need to see them physically, I need to hear their voices, I need to stare into my mothers eyes that were a duplicate of my own, I need to hug my brother just one more time because I miss the feeling of being safe. I hate myself for not remembering those little things.