➸ TWENTY EIGHT

Hey guys! Better late than never— typa update.

I want to address something that I have been noticing frequently. A lot of people have been commenting or messaging me to update faster or to update again, even though I had just updated. Unfortunately, I don't have all the time in the world to update, as much as I wish I did. I can't update again and again at lightening speed guys, yeah it sucks but it's the way it is right now. My regular updating schedule is once a week, twice if we get lucky and I know it's way different than before. Before I updated either everyday or every other day but that was while it was still summer and the beginning of school— when I didn't have life punching me in the face everyday. I have a whole list of things outside of wattpad that I try dedicating time to as well and it's a bit overwhelming but I'm trying guys I swear. I'll try updating faster too if it makes you guys happier.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I was in the most intense staring contest, I've ever been in. I tried to keep my eyes open as I stared into Maya's hazel eyes that matched my own. She starting biting her whole bottom lip and squinting her eyes, desperately wanting to blink but trying everything to hold herself back. We had three pair of eyes watching us, well mainly Maya amusingly.

"Just blink already, woman!" She said in a begging tone but before I had the chance to let her win, she started blinking repeatedly as tears came out of her eyes. "I hate this game." She admitted and slumped in back into the couch while Emery awkwardly rubbed her shoulder as she tried giving comfort.

"Then why do you make everyone play it with you?" Emery questioned, teasing her. Maya slapped her hand away since Emery was still patting her shoulder in an uncomfortable matter.

"You're good." Maya said to me, trying to get over the fact that she had lost.

"But not better than Nathan." Emery piped up and looked at me apologetically. "Sorry but no ones ever beaten him before." I look up at Nathan who was leaning on the wall, rolling his eyes at Emery's statement.

"I can beat him." Carter said confidently, looking towards Nathan challenging him. Nathan raised his eyebrows but then let his face fall and they were all of a sudden having a stare down. Only a couple seconds went by until Carter's right eye started twitching and I snorted knowing he was going to lose. Nathan stared at him calmly, easily keeping his green eyes wide open.

"I take that back." Carter said without a second thought as he blinked and sat down on the couch. I looked back at Nathan and I think he felt my eyes on him since he looked right back at me. I was getting worse at ignoring the butterflies that flew inside of me crazily whenever I felt his eyes on me or even felt his presence near. I knew what was happening, and I was going to stop these feelings at all costs. I will not lose everything again, I will not put myself at risk ever again.

"I'm team Thalia." Maya said out of no where and I looked at her curiously.

"What?" I questioned her, not knowing what she was talking about.

"Just verse him. I think you're better than him so I'm on your team." She explained and excitedly sat up straight as she looked back and forth between Nathan and I. I have nothing to lose anyway— well I had nothing to lose until Nathan took this challenge to the next level.

"Oh yeah? Do you think you can beat me, Thalia?" He looked at me grinning, his challenging and compelling eyes searched mine. I seemed to have sunk deeper into their incredibly comfortable couch as I tried shielding myself away from Nathan's eyes. I averted my eyes anywhere else, finding myself looking around their living room. It was a huge house and normally big houses like this feel and look empty, but the Reyes family really did have a way to make it feel so homey. It felt complete, like nothing was missing.