➸ FORTY THREE

This isn't edited well and I'm writing/posting this at 2am so just excuse the mistakes, okay thank you proceed.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

"Out of the 7 billion people in this world,
there's only you.
Almost a million words that I could say,
but none of them would do."

Numbers - The Cab

—————

Thalia Lively

Grandma Reyes stood in front of me with a kind smile, and I couldn't help but pay attention to her wise green eyes that were surrounded by slight smile lines. I loved that Nathan's eyes resembles hers; his are more vibrant in the moment however. I noticed his were always way brighter when he was happy, and I couldn't be more grateful that he let the fight with his dad go and decided to enjoy his day.

"It's so nice to meet you, I-I'm Thalia," I mentally cursed at myself for stuttering like a complete idiot. However, if there was one person I had to impress the most, it would be the woman in front of me. Everyone knows you have to make the best impression on the grandma.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Thalia, I'm Nathan's grandmother Eleanor. Nathan's told me so much about you." She admitted to me and I tried meeting Nathan's eyes but he bounced them around the room, refusing to meet my own. A blush etched itself onto my cheeks and I was left stumped as to what I was supposed to say next.

"All good things I hope?" I teased, keeping my gaze on Nathan. I met Eleanor's eyes as I grew more comfortable in her presence, or rather in this environment completely. I was surrounded by people that played a part in Nathan's life, and I'm not one to seek acceptance but having the idea of them actually liking me, seems to mean a lot deep down.

"Of course, all he does is babble about how beautiful you are inside and out. I was beginning to wonder when I'd get the chance to meet the girl that stole my little boy's heart." She assured me and my heart melted at how she referred to Nathan. Her voice had such a rich tone to it that it could captivate anyone's attention immediately, especially since she carries such a wise aura around her.

Nathan shifted in his spot uncomfortably as he continued to avoid my eyes and looked down at Eleanor. "Nannnn," he whined dragging the 'n'. I could tell he was starting to regret calling me over here but I'm glad he did.

"Oh alright, alright." She backed down but winked at me secretly causing me to smile widely at her, loving her playfulness. "I'm sure you two have plenty on your agenda so I'll leave you to it, but it truly was a pleasure meeting you Thalia." She said warmly and I opened my arms out for a hug causing her eyes to light up.

She accepted my hug and after a few seconds I backed away. "The pleasure was all mine, we'll have to catch up some more soon." I said genuinely meaning it. She nodded at me then looked over at Nathan, giving him a message sent only through her eyes. I tried to decipher the message but I had no luck, Nathan on the other hand had no troubles understanding what Eleanor was saying. He hugged her tightly before grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the living room gently. I followed him through his house, and although I've been here before, it truly is a new experience each time. This maze-like home continues to keep me in awe.