➸ THIRTY ONE

HEYA!

There's a Happier trailer made at the bottom, give it a watch (; show InsaneWallaby some love!!!!!!!

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

"How do you keep going when the worst thing has happened? What do you have to change inside to survive? Who do you have to become?"

-Happier Trailer

Thalia Lively

I woke up to shuffling coming from the edge of my bed, causing me to groan at the fact that my sleep was over. I sat up and opened my sore eyes, flinching once my rooms brightness hit my eyes harshly. I looked at Nonna who sat at the edge of my bed looking at something in her hands, and I didn't make a move to interrupt her thoughts. Her head moved slightly, acknowledging that I was awake and aware of her presence.

"I was up all night trying to find these." She finally spoke, chuckling softly to herself. I couldn't see what she was talking about but I let her continue. "I finally found them in one of the boxes in the basement." I froze, the only boxes that were in the basement were my families belongings from our old house. I pushed my large black blanket to the side and moved to sit beside her, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed like she did.

I looked down to see in her hands were pictures, a necklace, and a ring. She showed me the ring first, putting it in my hands gently. I looked at it closely, seeing initials on the inside.

A.L. Antonio Lively, my fathers name. I looked at the ring in awe, being careful with it for as I felt like it would disappear in seconds just like its owner did. I looked up at Nonna with close to watery eyes, I probably looked like a mess to her. My puffy eyes felt sore as I looked at her silently. She gave me a small smile, looking down at the ring with adoration.

"He never took that ring off, he always had a thing for rings." She gave me a mumbled laugh, sadly looking down at the other items in her hands. She picked up the necklace gracefully, staring it for a couple seconds then giving it to me, I could see she had a lump in her throat as she let it go into my hands. I looked down to see a gold necklace chain with a small soccer ball charm on it. It was elegant, despite its charm.

"Mine?" My raspy morning voice questioned softly but she shook her head, biting her lip before answering me.

"Your mothers." She looked at me with teary eyes, but quickly looked down. "She got it as a birthday present when she was sixteen, she was so in love with soccer, just like you were. She never took it off, until one day it broke and she wasn't able to fix it. She brought it to me in hopes I would be able to manage something with it but by the time I fixed it, she was, uh." She paused, wiping her eyes while shaking her head. I felt a tug at my heart as she spoke, hating myself for not even having a clue that my own mother also shared a love for soccer. I wonder if we ever played together, was she the one that taught me? I could've sworn it was my brother who got me into soccer, but I guess she was the one to get him into it.

"Anyway, I just um, was thinking that you should have those. I know you miss them and amor [love] I miss them too." She let silent tears drop from her eyes, not bothering to wipe them away as she spoke. Her Spanish accent lingered in her words, and I loved it when she spoke Spanish or Italian. It reminded me of home, somehow. "I-I know you can't remember them as clearly a-and I thought t-that if you had something of theirs, y-you'd still feel a connection to them. I'm just so sorry, I'm sorry." She sobbed and I dropped the jewelry on my lap, reaching over to hug her as she cried.