➸ FIVE

heyoo!

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

My eyes scanned the field, looking for the number sixteen. It looked like a bunch of clones spread out all over the field, everyone looking the exact same.

I looked at Riley who was examining my— his, sweater.

She hasn't talked since I told her Nathan was 'the guy' and what happened when he and I interacted, probably because she's in shock.

"So let me get this straight, you bumped into him—"

"He bumped into me." I correct her still looking around the field calmly.

"—causing your milkshake to spill all over your sweater, you apologized, he made a joke then took off his sweater, gave it to you to wear cause he ruined yours and then said sorry, that was it?" She looked off into the pitch black sky, then down at the field that was being surrounded by stadium lights.

"Yeah." I replied.

"How are you so calm about this? I would faint. Do you see how perfect he is? He's the hottest guy at our school." I looked at her questioningly, this whole game she hasn't been able to take her eyes off the field–no, she hasn't been able to take her eyes off a certain player with the number nineteen.

"He's the hottest guy at our school to you?" I pried, hoping to get some information out of her about Emmett.

She stumbled to answer and looked around, avoiding eye contact. A tell that she's lying.

"I mean, yeah?" She said.

"Mhm."

"Who are they versing?" I asked, having no idea who our school was even going against. I didn't bother asking in the beginning because my mind was still on the Nathan encounter.

He gave me his sweater so freely; he gave a random girl that he doesn't know, his sweater. Does he normally go around giving his clothes to people he bumps into? I'm grateful because I could be freezing my ass off currently but I'm still confused.

"Gillian Birch High, they aren't one of the best schools here so this will be an easy win. But they do have one the biggest guys here, look at number twenty seven in the green." She pointed to the right side of the field where a tall, crazy well-built guy stood.

"Oh, damn." I looked him wide-eyed.

Our team called out 'hut' and the play began. I couldn't tell who was who since they all ran into positions and it was hard to catch the jersey numbers.

I did however see Ethan on the sidelines yelling out insults to the other team and cheering for our team, only to have the coach send Carter to make him shut up. Carter walked over in annoyance and put a pylon over his head and made him sit down.

"Maybe he likes you." Riley says out of the blue, looking up at me with hopeful eyes.

I scoffed, staring at her in disbelief. "No, he made a mess and then fixed it kindly. He doesn't even know who I am or what my name is, I literally just moved here, did you forget that?"