➸ TWENTY NINE

Hey!! I missed you guys (:

I'm going to start doing shoutouts again, so if you want a shoutout all you have to do is comment or message me a goal you have for 2018! (:

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I watched as James scanned the Diner, looking for familiar faces, his careless eyes inevitably landing on Nathan's stone cold ones. My breath got stuck in my throat as I watched Nathan's usual relaxed expression turn into one of pure hatred. His eyes looked empty, all emotion pushed to the back of his mind, only keeping anger flowing around inside of him. Nathan took a dangerous step towards James, only to be held in place by Carter.

Carter put a hand on Nathan's shoulders, speaking to him lowly and with all the loud conversations and ruckus going around the Diner, it was hard to hear the two. I looked back at Maya and Emery who were paying no mind to Nathan, they sat contently while drawing and colouring on a few pages Riley must've got for them. Riley looked up at me and then to James, her eyes widening. I had a feeling in my gut that this wasn't going to end good.

I could already tell Nathan and James had a long history, especially remembering that scene in the parking lot, when we were at the football game. I remember the murderous look in Nathan's eyes, the same look that is expressed on his face currently. I wasn't sure what to do, but Carter seemed to be taking control of the situation. Emmett stood guard, staying just a few steps in front of Nathan and Carter, keeping his eyes on James and his crew. Ethan took a few steps closer to where Riley, the girls and I were, almost like he made us his first priority if something were to go wrong. Austin stuck around behind Nathan.

It was like they were protecting James from Nathan, rather than protecting Nathan. The boys didn't have to think twice before they dropped everything and stood on guard, ready to stand beside Nathan's side. It was so intriguing to watch, I've never seen a connection as strong as their's.

My eyes snapped to see Nathan's reaction when I saw James finally look at Nathan with a mischievous grin. There was a certain darkness that pooled around in James' eyes, he practically radiated a dangerous aura. This was the first time I was really taking a good look at him, understandably so, since I didn't really have time to pay attention to every detail when he threw me around like a rag doll. He walked towards one of the tables at the front, while we sat in the back. He was wearing a black jacket, black jeans and black boots. He didn't look a quarter as good as Nathan did, not matter what he was wearing. Nathan was slightly taller, but that didn't matter since they both were skyscrapers. Nathan was more built, while James was lacking in the muscle department.

Something told me that James wasn't the one who fought, my eyes trailed off to his friends— who looked more like bodyguards if you ask me.

"Move." My head snapped to Nathan who was speaking louder than before as his voice hit my hearing harshly. He growled out to Carter who was struggling to keep him in place as Nathan was pushing him away.

"Stop, you're going to cause a scene." Carter said while looking around at the few stares that were being sent Nathan's way. I saw some people sink into their seats and their gazes flew away from Nathan once his unforgiving eyes snapped towards them. My heart started beating faster as I saw James chuckling in our direction, and I knew Nathan caught it too. Carter didn't seem to care about everyone else's stares though, his eyes flickered to Maya and Emery and staying on them until Nathan realized the fact that his little sisters are here too.