➸ THIRTY THREE

heyaaaa!! i'm back once again ;)

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

My eyes travelled from the empty seat next to mine then to the window where raindrops slid down peacefully. I was given a lecture from the teacher about the photography assignment being due soon and no progress was shown yet, which also caused her to also ask about my partner's whereabouts. In all honesty, I had no idea where Nathan was and it annoyed me how I cared enough to not be able to shake him out of my head.

Students quietly did their work in the dead silent classroom, no one having any intentions to interrupt the peace. I couldn't focus on my work like everyone else, my mind was too clouded with random thoughts and plain old boredom. I've never been this bored in this class, mainly because I enjoyed English class but today I was just consumed by dread. I was in the middle of doodling a weirdly shaped tree that I always see on my way home, when I heard a faint argument. I looked around the room, not seeing anyone talking, so I looked out the window in case there were people talking outside but no one was out there either.

It took another minute before I found the source of the quiet voices, my eyes darted to the classroom door that was slowly being opened. The door nob turned carefully, and a few seconds later, Austin's head came into the frame. I looked around to see if anyone else was noticing this but it was just me watching dumb and dumber sneak into my class. Austin was on the floor and Ethan was just above him, peaking in the class with curiosity. A stifled laugh escaped my lips when Ethan's eyes scanned the room then landed mine, smiling at me briefly before slapped Austin's head and pointing towards me. My eyes darted to the teacher when Austin muttered a 'fuck you' loud enough for the teacher to scan the room. My eyes flew to the paper in front of me when her eyes met mine, then I looked at the door where Austin and Ethan froze.

Technically she couldn't see them because they were behind the door, but she'd be able to see it's opened, which thank god she didn't. I took out my phone and texted Ethan who jumped when his phone I assume vibrated.

Thalia
What the hell are you guys doing???

Ethan
Sneaking into your class, what does it look like?

I rolled my eyes at his message then looked at him but all I saw was Austin trying to stand up but knocked Ethan's phone out of his hands by accident. His phone fell into my class which made a loud drop sound, causing the teacher to scowl at the class.

"Who is making all that noise?" Her rough voice demanded an answer but no one said anything, and soon after everything went back to normal. My eyes widened when Ethan started crawling into the class, reaching for his phone but keeping his eyes on the teacher. The teacher's desk was placed on the opposite side of the door and she was facing the other way so she didn't notice this at all. The students, however, started looking since Ethan was now sprawled out on my classroom floor. His weak attempt to reach for his phone took too long for Austin I'm assuming, since Austin just walked into the class, picked up his phone and dragged Ethan out by the leg.

All without the teacher noticing.

I sat at my desk, staring at the door confusingly, not knowing what just happened. My question was somewhat answered when Austin's head popped back into the door frame, nodding his head to hallway indicating for me to leave class. I didn't have to be told twice. 

The teacher didn't even bother looking at me when I asked to go to the washroom, she just waved me off and I took that as an 'okay leave'. I met Ethan and Austin in the empty hallway, hugging both of them as a greeting.