➸ THIRTY SIX

I'm currently sick but I've missed writing so here I am, writing while dying inside.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I sat in the kitchen with Riley, both of us eating cereal while she did her homework and I was on my phone. Apparently she has this thing where she finishes all of her homework everyday Saturday morning so she's free every minute after that. Good plan, way better then my go-to procrastination plan that results in me handing my work in either last minute or late.

"Ah, just the two I was looking for." We both look up to see Mason walking into my house unannounced.

"Thanks for knocking." I said while stuffing my face with more cereal.

"No problem," he started off by saying then set out a flyer on the table. "Okay so at my university, they're holding this soccer competition and I was forced to attend and help monitor the place, or some shit." He said to us and Riley looked up at me after hearing 'soccer competition' and I rolled my eyes playfully at her, reaching over to grab the flyer.

"So what do you need us for?" I asked him, reading the flyer as I did so.

"Well, my friends were supposed to help me at the front desk where I'm going to sign in all of the teams, but they're being dickheads and aren't coming so could you two please help? It's Saturday, what do you guys really have to do today?" He pleaded with his eyes and Riley looked over at me to see if I was up to it, which I was.

"Sure," I shrugged. "What time?" I asked him, finished off my cereal then getting up to put the bowl in the sink.

"It starts in like," he looked at his watch then gave me a frantic look. "Half an hour, and it takes me twenty minutes to drive there. You two are ready right? Because we have to leave like, now." He asked us and I looked down at my outfit; a white shirt that stopped just above my belly button and grey Nike sweatpants.

"I'm ready," I said shrugging, and Riley nodded also saying she was ready.

"Great, let's go." He said and hurried out of the house, Riley and I following in his path. Just before I left, I grabbed whatever jacket I had hung up beside the door, which happened to be a black jean jacket.

"Are you sure? Heidi was telling me that the reason you stay away from soccer and anything that connects to the... past you, is because it might trigger memories that you don't want." Riley said to me as we walked down my driveway and crossing the road to where her brother parked his car.

I looked over at her confusingly. "When did she say that?"

"I asked her after you were injured at the party, when you had stitches in your head. I was worried so I stopped by in the morning but you were still asleep so we were just talking." She explained to me and I nodded slowly.

"I'm okay, really. There's no guarantee that I'll ever remember anything anyway," I said while looking down. "It's been a year and a half, and I've only ever gotten short and quick flashbacks but they don't really help, it's still hard to put the pieces together. I remember some people and their faces and who they were to me, but I don't even remember who I was." I explained softly as we entered the car silently, her sitting in the passenger seat and I in the back. I was suddenly brought into my own space, everything around me seemed to be muted and I was consumed into my thoughts.

I couldn't imagine my life without them, without a family, being alone. I didn't have many friends, well not that I know of. People kept telling me different things about myself and the past but I eventually got fed up, I didn't know who to believe.