➸ FORTY FIVE

I changed the name Jace Williams to Darren Romano— I introduced that character in the last chapter.

i made a twitter to communicate with you guys more because i don't really message through wattpad so if you're tryna talk one on one with me OR be apart of a group chat with me and other wattpadders / twitter peeps then comment your twitter @!! my twitter is @ voiidtess so follow that while you're at it— LOVE Y'ALL!

(p.s. i'll be talking about happier updates, upcoming books, etc etc. so if you want to know about sooner updates and alla that then follow like rn wyd!!)

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I sat across from Riley in my kitchen, watching her as she was slowly falling asleep beside her breakfast. I shook my head at her, even though she couldn't see me.

"Wake up," I reached over the table to nudge her awake. She stirred then opened her eyes unwillingly, looking quite dead as she did so. "You have work soon and if you sleep now you won't wake up later." I reminded her.

"Can you make me some coffee, I need energy to get through this day without falling asleep." She asked me and I nodded, turning my back towards her as I made both of us coffee. "So you see how my night went, how did yours go?" She asked a simple question but I groaned loudly in response. "So not good, what happened this time?" She pushed for information.

"It was going great at first. Since he was still drunk, he was so vulnerable last night and he literally told me everything. I felt like I fully gained his trust last night. I don't know, I finally felt we were getting somewhere but then like I said he's holding himself back from being with me. He said he doesn't want me to get hurt once this whole James and Victor situation starts." I summarized the night for her and this time she was the one who groaned.

"I mean I get that, I've seen Victor first hand and that guy is all types of insane. James is an angel compared to his psychotic ass." Riley said and my eyebrows bounced up at that comparison.

"What the fuck is his deal?" I cursed, annoyance taking over rather quickly.

"I honestly have no idea," Riley answered cluelessly. "So do you think Nathan is actually going to cut you off? I mean, that boy is honestly falling for you more and more as the days pass, I doubt he could ever leave you just like that. I get he's doing it for your protection, but him leaving you alone is more dangerous than being with him. At least if you're with him, you'll have his protection from the psychopath." Riley commented her thoughts on the situation then started downing her coffee— and regretted it instantly when she realize it was still hot. "Fuck!" She yelled and I chuckled at her.

"You're right though," I replied. "And there's just so many parts missing like there's so much I still don't understand. I feel like there's more that he hasn't told me, and he did mention to James that Victor called him two nights ago but he never said what the call was about. The talk we had was so calm and he was perfectly fine with talking to me then near the end it's almost like something clicked in him and then suddenly moved away from me. Like he sobered up and he remembered that he shouldn't be with me, it just doesn't make sense!" At times like this I was grateful that Nonna wasn't gone go witness my yelling.