➸ FORTY SIX

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

If I could, I'd ban school from happening on Mondays. I woke up unwillingly to the sound of my alarm clock, make me force my hand to jump out and slam it into silence. I groaned, sitting up even though all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. I rubbed my eyes until they focused properly then shoved my hair into a high bun. I glanced at the window, noticing it was yet another gloomy winter day.

After finishing up in the washroom, I looked through my clothes for an outfit but was met with Nathan's hoodie that he gave me during one of our first encounters. I stared at it sadly, and then that sadness morphed into anger because all I wanted to do was talk to him and be with him but he was pushing me away. I forced my gaze away from the hoodie and grabbed a different sweater along with some black jeans then shut my closet door. I looked in the mirror just before exiting my room and tired eyes stared right back at me, but I was more emotionally drained rather than physically.

I sighed then shut my room door and descended down the long set of luxurious stairs. Sometimes I look at the house, then I look at myself and think about how out of place I am here. This neighbourhood is filled with insanely expensive houses and thinking back to my old house, that I'm starting to remember the more I compare the houses, it's a huge difference. I remember my family being wealthy, but we never put that money into large spendings.

I smiled to myself as I began to remember small details form the past, and even the smallest ones impact me. I walked into the kitchen, seeing Nonna sitting there with her glasses on and a book in one hand and a tea in the other. I walked over to her, kissing her cheek then grabbing a water bottle with a few snacks for school.

"Good morning," Nonna greeted me.

"Morning, Nonna." I replied. I took a banana with me as I finished up in the kitchen and started making my way out. "I'll see you later, love you." I said back to her as I finished tying up my shoes. I heard a muffled 'love you' coming from the kitchen as I opened the front door and was met with blinding white snow. I grimaced as I covered my eyes, clearly not being prepared for that. I walked over to my car but was stopped by an over energetic Riley.

"Tal!" She yelled from across the street, also standing beside her car. "Come, let's go together." She suggested and I looked back at my car that I haven't been in for a while. I'm always being driven by someone in the group, and I just haven't been out because of the weather in general.

"No, you come here." I argued and she looked down at her car, apparently having the same thought process as I did. After a couple seconds she shrugged than ran towards my car, but not before checking the always clear road. There are rarely any cars driving down this road at this time, mostly everyone living here were adults and children. I'm confident that Riley and I are the only high schoolers on this road since no one else is driving at this time for school.

We both entered my car and shut the cold air outside. "I love winter and all but it's too fucking cold for me right now," Riley complained. "Mother Nature, I just wanna talk." She added and I chuckled at her as I turned on the heat. After we both settled, I drove out of the driveway and made my way to Satan's on earth hell; East Wing High.

"So um," I broke the comfortable silence. "When you left yesterday, Austin and Ethan came over, and Emmett did too a little later on." I started off with, and as soon as Emmett's name was mentioned, I could tell she was fully listening now. "And when he came he looked really, I don't know, just off. He was really pale, and looked so tired. Austin called him out on it but Emmett said it was because he was hungover and tired. I just thought I'd tell you since none of us really believed him." I informed her and looked over at her expression which was drowned in worry.