➸ SIXTY ONE | A/N

Please read the authors note at the end, xoxo

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively Castillo

The slight wind blew past me softly, grazing my arms as I sat in the balcony thinking about my life leading up to now. Never in my life have I thought that this would be my life; worrying about death shouldn't be a problem for a soon to be eighteen year old. The world is filled— hell was even built on insanity, chaos and corruption. Lives are being lost everyday, no matter the age or reason.

I was four when I was brought into this side of the world, or at least that's what I seem to recall.

"You can't just leave!" I look towards mom who yelled at dad hopelessly. "You promised that this was over! You said we were done with this!" She continued.

"It's never going to be over! Get that through your thick skull." He glared at her then resumed hastily rushing through the living room, packing a overnight bag. I took note of how unsettled and pained he looked, with a hint of vengeance lurking in his dark brown eyes.

"Papa?" I spoke out making both of my parents freeze in their tracks. "Papa?" I called out to him again.

"Thalia, Baby, go back to your room." My mom looked at me worriedly but even at four years old, I knew what was happening.

"Papa, are you a bad guy?" I ask innocently while slowly walking over to his bag and pulling out a pistol. "Gun?" I look at it weirdly.

The gun was ripped out of my hands and thrown back into the bag. "I'm not a bad guy, bambina. Do you believe me?" My dad crouched to my level.

"Good guys don't use guns." I reply.

I've been having mini flashbacks randomly throughout the day. They've been occurring more recently, and whatever triggered them was still unknown to me. I hate that I feel like I'm in an empty shell that was occupied by a different person before. All these memories and I don't feel myself connecting to any of them.

I stare into the seemingly endless evergreen forest surrounding Darren's mansion. I couldn't help but be held captive by the mysterious aura looming around the forest that stared back at me. Almost as if it knew me.

"Rapunzel, let down your hair!" I heard someone say from below the balcony making me not only laugh but peer over curiously.

"You're so dumb." I say to Carter who chuckled to himself.

"What are you doing up there anyway? Sulking the day away as usual, I assume?" He smirks at me and I roll my eyes at him.

"No." I answer but after he gives me the 'oh really' expression I change my answer. "Okay, yes." He laughs at me then goes to hold his neck.

"My neck is cramping looking up at you, come down here, and stop sulking you weirdo." He says and I don't know why, but I listen to him as it exit the balcony and race my way down— all the way down— to the front of the house.

"Where is everyone?" I ask Carter once I get outside, noticing that I haven't ran into a single person during my adventure to the front. Yes, adventure, because this house is so big that it took me a whole two minutes to descend the staircase.