➸ FORTY EIGHT

OKAY LET ME START OFF BY SAYING I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT I WROTE IN THIS, I WROTE A WHILE AGO BUT NEVER POSTED IT BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO CHANGE IT— but I ended up not changing it so whatever I'm posting it. Enjoy, I love you.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I stared at the clock hung up above the teachers desk tiredly, waiting for the bell to ring. It's been four days without Nathan and I couldn't help but feel like a part of me was missing. I felt the urge to call him countless times last night but I keep being reminded that his phone doesn't work.

The past few days, weather wise, have been gloomy; coincidentally matching the situation we were dealing with. The frosty winter days just keep getting colder and I'm frankly beginning to miss the warm sun.

Suddenly startled by the bell, I gathered my belongings and walked out of the classroom only to be met with an equally tired Ethan.

"Hi," I greeted him. "Where are we going for lunch?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"It'd be better if we stayed here, it's cold outside anyway." He answered, and I hated how alert he was at all times now. We walked through the main hall, avoiding people that were going the opposite way. The winter air escaped into the hall as people exited the school, making me shiver as I turned into the corner where my locker was.

"You can loosen up you know," I said to him as we reached my locker. "I doubt anything's going to happen at school..." I trailed off as I looked over at Megan's smirk towards me. "— except Megan's bullshit." I shoved my stuff into my locker then slammed it shut. "Hey, E. I have a question." I said to him, catching his attention as his eyes flickered away from looking at Megan to looking at me.

"Megan has a 'crush' or whatever on Nathan, right?" I asked and he nodded slowly. "Yet she hangs with James, Nathan's enemy." I continued making him nod slowly again. "Why is she so close to James, do you think she could be playing a part in their plan?" I pondered.

"I wouldn't be surprised if she was, she's two faced and selfish. Perfect for James now that I think about it. Even if she does play a role, what role would she be playing? Nathan's gone, so what purpose does she have now? You know what I mean?" Ethan noted.

"Maybe her role is targeted more towards Thalia." Riley's voice came from behind me, making me jump. She chuckled then hugged Ethan and I as a greeting since we didn't see her all morning.

"Me? What does she have to do with me?" I questioned. I reopened my locker as the shivers continued, making me pull out a hoodie I had saved in my locker.

"I don't know but she's always messing with you, and tries to get you away from Nathan." Riley shrugged, then her eyes lit up. "What if her job is to get you away from Nathan? Isolate you?" Riley spoke quickly making Ethan and I become more alert. I looked over at Ethan who was watching Megan closely.

"If that's the case, their plan is working since Nathan's gone." Ethan spoke up then sighed, looking down at us. "Cafeteria?"

I shook my head. "Too many people there, I don't feel like being around anyone." I sighed. My emotions have been drained and all I feel is anxiety and stress. "I hate feeling like this, fuck." I groaned, running my hands through my hair as I paced slightly. "Can't he just come back already," I muttered. Riley softly rubbed my arm as a form of comfort, sympathy raving through her eyes. "What sucks even more is we didn't end off on a good note before he left, we had an argument then he dropped me off. He couldn't even look me in the eyes." I added, feeling the need to expressed my feelings before I bottled up my thoughts too much and they end up consuming me.