➸ FIFTY THREE

Disregard grammatical errors, I know there's probably a lot in this chapter and I'm too lazy to edit rn— thank you, love you

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

To say I was nervous was an understatement. I'm practically clinging onto Nathan as he led me through a back hallway and up to the balcony where I'm supposedly going to meet the man I'm assuming is Darren Romano.

I felt Nathan squeeze my hand reassuringly as he guided me up some stairs and into a very clean lounging area that was accompanied by men who laughed amongst each other. I hid slightly behind Nathan once we approached a booth seated by men that were covered in tattoos.

"Where is he?" Nathan asked no one specifically.

"In his office." One of the men answered and peaked towards me but I nervously avoided eye contact. I wouldn't call myself shy but I also wouldn't call myself outgoing, I'm sort of in the middle depending on the situation. And in this situation, I'm oddly way too shy.

"You're lucky he's weirdly in a good mood today." A different man added.

"You must be Thalia," I jumped at the voice that came from beside me, not expecting anyone to know who I was. The guy who looked about the age of twenty chuckled at my reaction. "Nathan's mentioned you before and considering the fact that he doesn't bring anyone around us, you're really the only option there is to put a name to a face." He added in order to comfort my uncomfortableness but it didn't work. I was still very much so uncomfortable.

"Oh," I said, not knowing what to say. "Um sorry, yeah I'm Thalia. And you are...?" I hinted for him to give me his name.

"Lincoln." He filled in the blank. "That's Jax," he continued, pointing the man who spoke to Nathan just a few seconds ago. "And, that's Will." He pointed to the  grumpy looking man who said Darren was in his office.

"Nice to meet you all," I replied politely, wanting to give a good impression to everyone in the room. I felt Nathan tug my hand, giving me the clue that we were leaving this area so I smiled at Lincoln and the other terrifying men as Nathan pulled me into a different direction.

"Shit, if my girl looked like that, I'd always talk about her too." Jax said once Nathan and I were walking away, which caused me to blush and caused Nathan to roll his eyes.

"As if a girl like that would ever have low enough standards to be with you." A guy who was walking up the stairs with drinks in his hands said to Jax. He smiled at me as he passed me, but stopped for a moment to introduce himself. "I'm Griffin, and it's nice to finally meet the girl that managed to steal his nonexistent heart." I furrowed my eyebrows at his statement, not understanding because from what I know, Nathan isn't cold hearted in anyway. Or was he?

I figured these guys were nice enough to let go of the tension I was holding inside. "Nice to meet you too Griffin, the guy that Nathan has told me nothing about, but it's still a pleasure." I smiled at him, making him laugh and give me a bright smile.

"I like you," he concluded, giving Nathan a look of approval before walking away.

"I like you too!" Jax yelled as Nathan continued to walk away from everyone. I looked back in time to see Griffin and some of the other men shaking their heads at Jax, and Lincoln smacking the back of his head. "Oh, so he gets to say it and it's fine but when I do it's a problem?" Jax said while rubbing the back of his head.