➸ TWENTY SEVEN

Yes, I'm still alive. Please read the authors note at the end, I love you guys!

Warning;
To me, this isn't the most interesting chapter I've written so far. Not the most poetic either, but it's more of a filler, just to get myself back on track. I'm aware I haven't written in a while, so I'm trying to get my juices flowing again and this kind of just happened on its own. Trust me, I'M GETTING MY SHIT TOGETHER NOW OKAY.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

——————

—————

Thalia Lively

I stared at the crumpled up autumn leafs that were threatening to fall off any time now, as I leaned against Riley's car, growing more and more impatient. I was freezing standing here waiting for her to come back from running back to the school to grab something she had forgotten. Typical. My eyes averted from the tree near me, to the sound of laughter coming from ahead of me. I looked up to see a group of girls playfully kicking around a soccer ball in the backfield, that was able to be seen from Riley's parking spot.

They were lazily playing around but I caught notice of one of the girls who was skillfully running around with the ball as her friend chased her laughing. I tore my gaze away once I felt my heart skip a beat as the girl kicked it straight into the net. I felt a wave of nostalgia take over my whole being. The urge to run towards them and play with them was strong, but I still held myself back regardless. My eyes glared down to the cement floor angrily; angry at myself. It felt like an anchor was tied to my ankle, and it was either slowly dragging me down or even worse, keeping me in place. Not allowing to move.

I couldn't move forward or certainly not backward, not that I want to ever revisit my past anyway. But often times I stay up thinking about what could have been. What type of life would I be living if I still had my family, still had my hope; still had some happiness left. Where would I be right now? Would I be with my brother teasing him as I stole the soccer ball from him, would I be with my mom cooking up something for the family, or would I be with someone who took the spot of being the love of my life? All those what if's, and could have been's don't mean anything since none of those are possible. Instead, I'm just simply someone who wakes the earth slowly, just waiting until it's over because maybe that would be less painful than the feeling that ruins my whole being. The feeling that sits in my gut, reminding me that I'm alone. How pathetic am I? I sometimes even laugh at the thought of having happiness again.

I blinked, holding my eyes shut for a few seconds, pushing out my current thoughts as I heard footsteps coming near me. I look up, expecting to see a freezing, complaining Riley but instead, my eyes are met with Carter's pale blue ones. He looked back at me questioningly but remained silent, walking beside me and accompanying my lonely side.