➸ FIFTY FIVE

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVES! I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT MF YEAR.

I'm picking up from where chapter fifty three ended, just sayin (:

Also read the authors note at the end, love you guys!

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

"Falling is allowed, getting up is required."

Thalia Lively

Ajax was the first to dive into the chaos, pulling out a gun from his waistband and disappearing in the crowd of crazed people. My wild eyes met Nathan's who looked somewhat calm, as if he was confident nothing would happen to us tonight. I grabbed Riley towards me, not wanting to lose her.

"Emmett, take Riley." Nathan instructed and Emmett didn't have to be told twice as he shot me a nod before taking her away from me. "Ethan, go with them." Nathan grabbed Ethan who was now a little less drunk, it's as if the bullet sound sobered him up.

"No, I'm not going anywhere." Ethan denied.

"E, you're drunk. We don't have time to discuss this." Nathan said through a locked jaw, looking angry and impatient.

"I got it, go." Lincoln came in between Ethan and Nathan, taking Ethan with him and up the stairs. Nathan nodded at Carter and Austin who also pulled out guns, making my eyes grow ten times larger.

"Nathan!" I yelled at him as he pulled me through people. "Nathan, what the fuck!" I yelled again and this time he turned back towards me.

"We don't have time for explanations, I don't know if you could tell or not." Sarcasm leaked through every word as we heard two more gun shots. When I didn't respond he resumed dragging me to only god knows where.

I felt the urge to look behind me and I didn't know why, but I did. My eyes immediately locked with someone I didn't recognize, so while mine were filled with confusion, his spiked with excitement. I felt unnerved, anxious and... nostalgic? Before I could question my feelings, Nathan let go of my hand and started fighting a guy who stepped in our way.

"Richard Kells, I presume?" Nathan rolled his eyes at the man who smirked at him. Was I missing something?

"You have some balls showing your face in public, and hers." He peaked to look at me but Nathan was quick to grab him by the neck and slam him into the wall. I guess he likes that move.

"And you have some balls walking in here thinking you're going to make it back out alive." Nathan countered huskily. I've never seen this side of Nathan before and oddly enough, I wasn't scared. I knew being apart of a damn mafia wasn't sunshine and rainbows, but I guess the reality of it hasn't hit me until now.

"Oh c'mon, it's all fun and games!" He smiled wickedly at Nathan before abruptly pushing him away. "I came to take what I need, give it to me and I'll be on my way." He told Nathan calmly.

"Yeah, that's not going to happen." Nathan replied infuriatingly.

"Hard way it is then." Richard replies excitedly.

"Thalia, the stairs." Nathan turned to me briefly and nodded towards the stairs he must've been leading me towards. The look in his eyes told me that I had no other choice and I, for once, didn't go against him.