➸ FIFTY SEVEN | 1M

Read the note at the end for an emotional rant. I love you guys so fucking much.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

Everything that happened afterwards was a blur. I felt my body take control while my consciousness was pushed to the back of my mind. My muscle memory was recovering more than my actual memory was. I couldn't control the anger that surged through me, almost like it was always in me but was just now unlocked from within. It's as if I held everything back for so long, unknowingly that is.

Wind blew around me, swirling around almost comfortingly. The breeze smoothingly slid by my skin, reminding me that this was reality, not a sick twisted nightmare.

It was in this moment that I knew my life would never be the same again, and there's no one to blame for that. No one was truly safe, including me. But that was reality.

Reality: the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

I was living in a dream, thinking all my life was a simple day to day routine with a few amazing friends. I kept reminding myself that I didn't want to remember because "it would hurt too much", but maybe it was actually because I got a second chance at life. A clean slate. And I subconsciously took that chance. Left my past in the dark and took the opportunity to open a new door in life.

But the past never truly stays in the past, now does it? It will always find it's way back to you like it's attached to you by an unbreakable string.

I zoned out of my thoughtful state that only lasted a couple seconds in real time.

"I didn't know you had it in you still." Lincoln stood beside me as we looked down at the unconscious bodies. Obviously, I wasn't the hulk, I couldn't take these grown men down on my own so Lincoln watched my back and fought them off with me. If he wasn't here, I don't know what would've happened.