➸ FORTY NINE

Slightly rushed but you guys wanted an update so here ya goooo

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

Riley and I sat in my dining room, both of our homework sprawled across the table in front of us as we attempted to finish it all before meeting up with the guys. I've gotten so sidetracked with my personal life that I'm behind in school, and catching up is becoming more difficult since I have no idea what I'm doing.

"I'm dropping out, that's it, I've made up my mind." I said, breaking the silence as I pushed my math binder away from me.

"C'mon we're almost done then we can go to the warehouse— do you know how to get there by the way?" Riley asked me as she picked off some grapes from the stem and plopped them into her mouth. She was clearly the more relaxed one of us two since she has her shit figured out while I, on the other hand, am debating if I should drop out and become a stripper or not.

"Um, no I don't but I'm sure we'll be fine with GPS." I sighed and leaned back in my chair, stretching out my arms as I did so. I chugged the rest of my water then stood up as Riley watched me pack up my work with a confused gaze. "We've been working for hours and I only have one more page to write. I'll finish it tomorrow or later, either way we need a break." I concluded as I refused to touch my pen once more. Riley thought about it before packing up her things too and in a minute or so, the table was completely ridded of our homework.

Riley started getting ready to leave while I searched the house for Nonna, eventually finding her cleaning the main bathroom downstairs. "Do you need any help cleaning the house?" I asked Nonna, realizing I wasn't going to leave if she needed me here with her.

"No, no. I'm almost done and you've been working since you came home. I'm assuming you're about to leave?" She eyed my jean jacket in my hands and I nodded. "Alright, go on then. Don't be late." She gave me a pointed look and I smiled nodding at her.

"Love you," I said while kissing her cheek and she said it back softly before I made my way to the front where Riley waited patiently for me. I slid on my black and white high top chucks quickly then exited my house with Riley following me. We both hurried into my car to shield ourselves from the sharp winter air.

Emmett had sent Riley the address of the warehouse earlier so I left her in charge of putting the address into the GPS while I took care of the music. My eyes flickered to the time, 7:49pm, and noticed we were slightly late since the boys told us to meet them there at 6pm.

The rest of the car ride was filled with a comfortable silence and quiet music playing in the background. Riley spent her time humming to the songs and looking at the scenery while I was too busy being clouded with the different possible endings we could have. Darren's abandoned warehouse was far from us as we parked outside of it, forty minutes later.

"Take it off!" We heard Austin yell as we opened the side door to the warehouse, making Riley and I rush into the room we heard their voices come from. We paused as we watched Emmett sitting on the floor with piles of paper in front of him, Austin holding his leg out as he stared at the bug on his pants and Ethan staying far away from Austin as possible.

"Fuck no, look at how big it is!" Ethan replied to Austin who was panicking as he refused to take his eyes off of the bug.