➸ TEN

HI. ANOTHER CHAPTER WILL BE POSTED AFTER THIS ONE LATER ON TODAY!

Special shoutout to samazingly because not only did she support my book by commenting and voting on it but I also got so inspired by her writing. When I first read her book, I was amazed at how it immediately transported me into another place and that's honestly such an amazing talent to have, especially here on wattpad. I recommend you go check out her book 'When It Pauses' I love it and I'm sure you will too. Thank you  love, for everything!

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna, but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

—————

Thalia Lively

Nathan sat across the table in his kitchen, having a staring competition with Maya whilst Emery watched on trying to persuade Maya that she can never beat Nathan.

"Maya, you've tried this so many times before and you've always lost. Might as well stop now before you start crying like you did last time." Emery said, putting resting her head on her hands as she leaned on the table.

"Emery, cheer her on instead of trying to get her to lose. Maya, baby, you're doing great." Bethany kissed her cheek and looked at Emery accusingly.

She walked over to me and whispered in my ear so that no one could hear her. "She's so going to lose, Nathan is the king of staring competitions but I have to cheer my baby on anyway." She chuckled as Maya started using her hands to hold her eyes open.

"No, that's cheating Maya." Nathan said as he bit into his apple lazily.

"Momma, is that cheating?" Maya asked without taking her eyes off of Nathan, even though it looked she desperately wanted to.

"I'm afraid so." Bethany said pouting while she wiped the table clean.

A wave of nostalgia hit me and all of a sudden I couldn't breath properly. Memories played repeatedly right before my eyes and it took my all not to break down in guilt and pain. The way Emery tried tricking Nathan into blinking and giggling when he started tickling her, reminded me of when that would be me.

I was homesick for a place that doesn't exist anymore. I was missing people that aren't coming back.

I was perfectly fine until I saw Bethany's eyes watch her kids in nothing but complete love and happiness. Time froze and I felt my heart being filled with nothing but pain and agony.