➸ FIFTY SIX

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

"I wish the good outweighed the bad,
because it'll never be over,
until you tell me it's over."
Battle Scars - Lupe Fiasco

Thalia Lively

The slow claps stopped me from opening the door and making my escape without anyone knowing. Groaning, I let go of the doorknob and turned to see Lincoln with his jacket on.

"Your escape plan almost worked, no ones a morning person here except me, of course." His smirk initiated an eye roll from me.

"Just act like you never saw me, okay?" I turned back to open the door slowly so no one else would wake up and stop me from taking matters into my own hands.

His hand stopped the door from opening fully which in return made me glare at him. He held his hand out and I stared at it confusingly until he sighed. "Give me the keys you stole, I'll drive. They don't have to know but at least you have someone watching your back." He compromised and I thought about it for a second.

I handed the keys over reluctantly and followed him out of the mansion where The Code members, plus Riley, were sleeping soundly. I know Nathan will go into instant panic mode when he wakes up and I'm not there but I'm kind of just hoping he sleeps in today and I'm back before anyone even notices.

"So, your plan is to go rouge?" He looks over at me as he pulls out of the driveway and opens the gate to leave the Romano property. "—And to steal Ajax's "chanclas" as he calls them." He snuck a peak at the Nike slides I chose to wear instead of my heels.

"I'm not going rouge, I'm simply taking my life back into my own hands. Plus I can help you guys more if I participate, especially since I supposedly have what everyone needs." I explained myself. "And I'm not stealing them, I'm borrowing them. I can't steal them even if I wanted to, we're not the same size."

"True, which is why I'm encouraging your little rebellion against Nathan." He grinned at me then looked back onto the road.

"I'm not rebelling against him," I scoff. "He wants to keep me out of it and I understand why but maybe that isn't his decision to make anymore. I'm tired of not knowing anything, constantly having a blank memory whereas everyone else around me knows more about me than I do. It really fucking sucks." I rant while he listens. "It sucks that I have to keep asking strangers about myself because I don't know shit, like how pathetic is that?"

"Not pathetic at all." He answers almost immediately. "You lost your memory, what do you expect? It was a rough crash but you'll bounce back. Just have some faith in yourself." And that was when I realized that gang members are really framed for having bad personalities. That was not the case at all.

"I somehow find it hard to believe that you actually kill people." I joke.

"I've actually never killed anyone before, I mainly just track people down. My job is more in the computer room, researching people and their backgrounds. I've fought before, but never killed." He informs me of his innocence, I guess you could call it.

"Ah," I take in his words. "So, tell me about yourself, since you know me and it's only fair."

"Well, I'm twenty two, for starters. I'm Italian, I don't have any connections with family, no siblings and I work in the Mafia on the side sometimes." He smiles me once he finishes his autobiography.