Love is blind, Isn't it?-47

Naruto sat timidly on a stool in bloodbaths office. Bloodbath was currently wrapping his hands with bandages, the cloth and tweezers she had used to clean off the blood and pick the glass shards out of his hands sat beside her, staining her otherwise clean table.
"Do you want me to clean that?" Naruto asked softly, staring down at his swinging legs which weren't yet touching the floor.
"It's ok, I've dealt with much worst on that table." Bloodbath smiled weakly, before looking back down at Naruto's injured hands.
"How long will it take to heal?" Naruto questioned, examining his hands.
"Two weeks at the most." Bloodbath spoke back, pushing her swishing ponytail behind her shoulder.
Sitting in silence,
It seemed as if an awkward tension had filled the room. Ever since Bloodbath had found Naruto, who seemed ready to die, it felt as if their was a rope in between them that could not be broken.
Blowing the hair out of her face, Bloodbath looked up at Naruto's blue eyes and began to speak.
"So, are you hungry?" She asked hesitantly, as if not sure to keep her cold demeanor of an Anbu, or revert to a loving, caring girl.
"If you have anything I can eat, it would be pleasant." Naruto smiled sheepishly, playing the with end of his
Bandage.
"Alright, I'll make some food. Sit on that bed and I'll serve it out when it's ready." Bloodbath smiled sweetly, trying to mask the nervousness and guilt behind her eyes.
Naruto nodded, before walking to the bed Bloodbath had pointed too. It had crisp white sheets, and a pillow with pink swirls on it.
Resting his head on the pillow, he clamped his hands on his stomach, and stared up at the ceiling, fighting the fear that knotted in his stomach, even after Bloodbath had saved him.
"What am I so afraid of?"

***

Bloodbath stirred a bowl of ramen, which was sitting on the stove. Her fast hands worked quick to spice the soup, as well as chop some fruit on the side. Once the ramen was done cooking, she poured the contents of the pot into a bright blue bowl sitting on a tray. Placing the cup of fruit, and a pair of chopsticks next to the bowl of ramen, she lifted the tray and walked out of her kitchen.
Shutting the door behind her, she looked up from the tray to see Naruto laying on her bed, looking blankly at the ceiling.
"Hey, I have ramen!" Bloodbath chuckled awkwardly, holding out the tray.
"Thanks." Naruto grinned weakly, taking the small tray from her hands.
Sitting down next to Naruto, they are in silence. The farthest they got in conversation was mere small talk.
"So.., can I call you Naruto now?" Bloodbath asked calmly.
"Yeah, that's fine." Naruto nodded as he lifted a bunch of noodles to his lips.
"So, how's Sakura doing?" Naruto asked hoarsely, as if the mere memory of her made him sad.
Trying to cheer him up, she beamed at him and began to speak.
"She's doing better. She's regaining memories and her injuries are healing nicely." She finished cheerfully.
As she finished talking, and looked at Naruto's face, Bloodbath could have sworn she saw a hint of a smile and a familiar sparkle in his eyes, before returning back to his grievous face.
As they were finishing up their food, Naruto yawned, stretching his arms above his head.
"Are you tired?" Bloodbath asked Naruto kindly.
"Yeah..." Naruto muttered sleepily like a toddler.
"But before I go to bed, do you have any good books I can read?" Naruto asked calmly, a hint of happiness sparkling in his eyes.
"So you really like reading?" Bloodbath asked standing up.
Naruto nodded in response, his eyes scanning the room for a bookshelf.
"Let me check my bookshelf, I'll find something." Bloodbath smiled warmly as she walked toward another door.
Leaving Naruto alone, he proceeded to look back up at the ceiling, fighting the urge to sleep, his eyes feeling heavy.
***
Bloodbath scanned through her bookshelf, occasionally stopping at a good title she thought Naruto would like.
Deciding on 3 books, she clutched them in her hands and pushed open the door.
"Hey Naruto, I got some books!" Bloodbath called out, skimming through the books curiously.
"I got the Hunger Games, Harry Potter and the Sorcerers stone, and Percy Jackson: Lightning Thief!"
After reading through the titles and getting no answer, Bloodbath looked up to see Naruto asleep on her bed.He looked peaceful, so Bloodbath simply smiled and placed the books on the bedside next to him.
Pulling some old blankets out of her closet, she laid them out on the floor and fluffed her pillow.
Resting her head on the pillow, she realized she had forgotten to turn off the lights.
Reaching for the small beaded switch that hung from the inside of the lamp, she suddenly stood up and did one thing before going to bed. Kissing Naruto's head, she whispered
"Sweet dreams Naruto."
And fell into a fretful sleep, where troubles were only one big dream, and reality wasn't real.
"And stay safe."
***
Fin.
So anyway, what did you guys think about this chapter?
What do you think The crimson lady is doing?
Is bloodbath caring for Naruto now?
Has Naruto forgotten about Sakura?
Where did Ino go?
Find out next time on Naruto, neglect and the prophecy!
~Kaka-kun