Done-46

Naruto fell to his knees, staring intently at the spot where his best friend, his partner, his possible lover, had just disappeared. The black smoke had not fully yet cleared, the wisps of black flying around his face as he stood up weakly.His shoes squeaked on the floor quietly as he backed against another wall, resisting the urge to gag and throw up.
"Why is it,  when I finally understand and know what to do, you leave?"
***

Yet another investigation had taken place in the wee hours of the morning after Naruto had finally gathered enough strength to peel himself off the linoleum floor. He had destroyed any evidence of himself staying in Bloodbath's office to prevent himself from being a possible suspect. He had washed and put away the set of ramen bowls, folded the blankets and put them away from the makeshift bed he had slept in the night before, and had even gone to the lengths to clear any scent of him with a genjutsu from the room.

After doing so, he dashed to the police station, saying that while checking on Sakura he had heard a loud crash and then came just in time to see his partner being taken away. The police had bought the story and followed Naruto to the quiet hospital. At the moment the paramedics were lifting the dead nurses bodies on stretchers, the cold sickly sheets they used to cover on their unfortunate patients, being brought over their closed eyes and mangled body, the only pure thing left in them being their soul.

***

Naruto had been sulking on his bed all day, staring at Bloodbath's report as his window was filled with the taps of rain quietly. Their was no point to venture outside anyway as it was raining harshly. Hearing the familiar scream of his tea kettle on the stove, he placed the file down gently and walked into the kitchen, the TV blaring as he walked past it. Pulling out a small mug, he placed it on his granite counter and picked up the lukewarm handle of the kettle. Pouring the hot tea in the mug, he placed the kettle back on the stove and collapsed on his couch, sick of staring at the same file all day. Sipping his chamomile tea, he looked up at the bright TV in front of him, suddenly aware that it was on the news channel. Turning up the volume, he snuggled into the blanket laying next to him on the couch, and sipped his tea quietly. He eyed the chocolate cake on the table, which had been left by Bloodbath on their first mission success. Sighing in dissatisfaction , he put the cake under the coffee table and continued to watch the news on the TV about Bloodbaths disappearance, even though he already knew everything off  her file. After about 15 minutes, and 3 cups of chamomile tea, the doorbell rang. Naruto ignored it, and turned the TV up louder, the person would probably leave anyway, considering the harsh storm that was raging ferociously outside. After about 10 minutes of the doorbell ringing, Naruto sighed angrily and pulled open the door, shocked by who he was seeing.

"You don't think I'd let old man Teuchi's ramen go to waste didn't you?" Sakura smiled, holding up the to go cup at plate from Teuchi's ramen bar.

Still gaping at Sakura's sudden arrival, she invited herself in, water dripping from the corners of her dress as she shivered.

"Hey, you need a change of clothes or something?" Naruto asked quietly, peering into the yellow tinted tea in his mug.

"If you could, that'd be great." Sakura smiled warmly, hugging her arms she shivered.

Naruto trudged upstairs, leaving Sakura in the living room as he turned on his right and walked inside his room.

Picking out a loose gray t-shirt and black boy shorts, along with a baby pink jacket that Bloodbath had given him incase he, In her words "Scored a hottie!", He picked up a towel and the clothes he had picked up before heading downstairs.

He walked downstairs to see Sakura reading Bloodbaths file, and ignored it as he handed her the clothes. Setting down the manila colored file, she thanked him and headed down the hall to the bathroom, leaving Naruto alone in his solitude and silence.

After changing, Sakura had brushed her hair down, and folded her wet clothes, leaving them inside the shower so the water wouldn't leak everywhere.

Walking inside Naruto's living room, he saw him staring at the TV silently, tears sprawling down his face as he snuggled inside his blanket.

Walking next to him, Naruto hurridley wiped away his tears and stared down, not expecting Sakura to do anything.

Instead, Sakura plopped under the blankets on the couch, sitting next to him, hugging him warmly, every inch of her skin warm on Naruto's cold body.  She unpacked the ramen bowls, and sat next to him the whole afternoon, even if they didn't talk at all, the silence was enough of talk for them to understand. The TV continued to blare as Sakura hugged Naruto one last time before walking to the door to leave.

"I understand Sensei, Even if you don't tell me, love isn't always loud." Sakura smiled by the door, before realizing that it was raining to hard to leave.

"Guess I'm staying here tonight?" Sakura smiled sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her neck.

Naruto looked up at her, and did something he hadn't done in a long time.

He smiled.

"Of Course." He croaked out, pulling her into a hug this time, before slouching back on his couch.

Sakura simply grinned as she continued to sit next to him, her pink purse discarded on the floor and her high heels sitting by the door.She rested her head on Naruto's shoulder as she listened to his stories about Bloodbath, her cocky behavior and beautiful eyes, and how he loved when he visited her in the hospital during work. He talked about the awkward days when she changed his bandages, and the days of when he left the village. He filled Sakura's head with new memories, describing what they were like when he coached his team. He talked about Stories of Sasuke and Ino, and how Nato saved them in times when they never knew it (And would never acknowledge her for that) And how worried he was when he saw the attacks. He talked of his olden days, and how Sakura's genjutsu had greatly improved. The entire night, not one of them couldn't stop talking, as if bond had finally been established.

It wasn't like the bond Bloodbath and Naruto had, and Sakura could sense that.

She knew she'd never be like Bloodbath.

But that didn't stop her from loving him.

***

Drowsiness soon flowed over her head, her arms wrapped around herself as she soon felt her eyes grow heavy and fell asleep on Naruto's lap. She heard him mutter and turn off the TV as he fiddled with Sakura's hair, Unaware she was still somewhat awake.

thinking Sakura couldn't hear him, he muttered softy

"Thank you Sakura, You don't know how much I needed you."

hearing that, Sakura hid her face in his lap.

smiling.

***

"Sometimes love is hard, Sometimes love is subtle, Sometimes it isn't what its meant to be, and sometimes, You realize they don't want you."

"But you don't cry, Because you love them too much."

"Too much to fight for a love that will never be yours, and too much for a forced love."

"I love when I win, but love isn't a game of strategy."

"Its a game of chance."

"Its a game of them loving you back."

~Sakura Haruno: Naruto, neglect and the prophecy

***

THANKS FOR ALL THE VOTES AND READS!
sorry this took so long to come out, the feelings were too much dude!
Anyway, why do you think Sakura's talking that way?

ALSO I've decided to finish chapters with quotes from our characters and what they are thinking! Don't forget to vote and keep reading!

goodbye! ~Kaka-Kun