[Chapter Two] Shawn

Chapter Two- Shawn

I laid in the small apartment I had while I was on medical leave and I could hear the shots and yelling echoing around in my mind as I tried to remember what happened but my mind drew a blank. I could remember the ambush and I could remember feeling the pain in my shoulder and then after that there's just nothing.

How could I have did what they said I did, how could I have pulled three of them out safely If I couldn't remember it!

I was frustrated as I laid there and I wanted to punch something. I wasn't allowed to exercise and I all the running and sit ups in the world weren't helping either so a buddy of mine gave me a number to call. It took a couple weeks but now I was finally going to be able to blow off some steam and I didn't give a damn if I had to pay for it.

I got out of bed and grabbed my jacket as I went outside and got on my bike to head to the hotel. I wasn't worried about safety; I just didn't want to bring a hooker on base.

I probably could have easily found someone else but I wanted a girl with no strings attached and who I knew could handle things getting rough. I didn't want the bullshit of caring about girls feelings and having to take her out to dinner; fuck a hooker was probably cheaper than a girlfriend anyway.

When I got to my room I walked onto the tiny balcony and lit up a cigarette as I watched the clock, she would be here any minute. I heard a knock at the door and I took a past puff and flicked it over the balcony, letting out the smoke as I went to the door.

I yanked it open and the girl on the other side I was pleased to see was actually gorgeous. I was a little worried she would be hideous or platinum blonde with fake everything and while this girl definitely dyed her hair the rest of her seemed real. I stepped to the side and she walked in and I didn't miss the opportunity to check out her ass which was very nice also.

She had red hair and blue eyes with milky white skin and as I looked harder at the small girl I worried there was a mix up because she sure as hell didn't look like she could take what I would be giving.

"Mr. Sorci." She acknowledged me

"Yes. And you are." I asked her

"My names Mari." She set her bag and jacket down. I took her in and she didn't look trashy, she looked sexy as fuck with that low dip and if I bent her over the bed right now I'm sure that dress would ride up enough.

"Mari what?" I asked

"That's not something you need to know." She said politely. Polite was going to get her nowhere with me. As she crossed her arms I realized that she had tattoo's which was as added bonus as far as I was concerned.

"Your boss tell you anything about me?" I asked

"She did."

"What did she say?" I asked

"That you needed someone who could handle you and that you were an, you were difficult." She rephrased something and I looked at her curiously "Did she go over the rules?" she asked and I shrugged probably but I wasn't really paying attention.

"Cash up front." She said and I nodded to the dresser and she moved her eyes and I had hundreds lined over there, when I was done she could take what I owed her.

"I don't know how long I'll keep you but take what you want when you leave." I told her and she seemed to be thinking about something and looked at the cash again.

"No more than five hours." She said to herself.

"Nope, no longer than that." I told her

"We're all required to be on birth control but condoms are required if you're going to be with me and that's not optional, I bring my own because frankly I don't trust anyone else's. If you want someone who doesn't care then I'll tell Tina." I walked to the balcony and gestured for her to follow