[Chapter Fifty-Nine] Mari

Happy (Late) birthday to @Tomboy2 
which is the reason this chapter is going up early by the way! 
I'm glad that the last update on your birthday could make it even a tiny bit better <3 

Chapter Fifty-Nine – Mari

The past couple weeks had been good, I nearly slapped the shit out or Marla as soon as I got home and she apologized for two weeks before I forgave her. Whether Shawn told me or not, she should have and I went easy on her only because I wasn't going to tell her about Ed and what happened. I didn't want her to have to deal with that and I didn't want to bring it up again.

It was a whole lot of both.

We had just left it and him and Marla in the past and moved on. We had Lalexia's birthday, we started buying baby stuff and he had been persistent about me moving in. We had even picked his name; Collin Peyton Sorci. Shawn asked if we could name him after his father which I had no objections too and it was my idea to give him Shawn's middle name, though the last name we're still talking about.

I told him no way in hell was Collin only getting Shawn's last name unless it was mine too which I regretted saying because that led him to smirk at me and I told him to not even bother responding to that. No way in hell was that happening anytime soon; I was not getting freaking married because I got pregnant. I didn't know him well enough.

But Shawn is Shawn and it's like having another child sometimes and it was something I didn't really have patience for at six months pregnant, which he found as amusing as ever because he is an asshole.

 Ed had taken my advice and he said him and Marla were really hitting it off, I think he really wants a girl to travel with him and a real relationship which I never would have been able to give him but Marla could and he needed to move on past me.

Shawn's still pissed, pissed off enough that Ed was staying clear of this state in general, he wouldn't be caught with in three hundred miles of me, he was afraid of what Shawn would do and I kind of was too, he wouldn't even come to see Marla because he was afraid of him.

I didn't think it was particularly fair though, he forgave me for it but he said he wouldn't be able to forgive Ed until he got a good hit in on him, that it was something I wouldn't understand because I was a girl. I don't think its gender related because I wanted to slap Marla, I think it's a control thing and I just had more of it.

That and I cared about Marla while Shawn could care less about Ed.

I was just happy the tension in this house was finally dying down and things were starting to get back to normal again, well not really normal but the developing new normal we had started to get to know, which meant we were winging it and seeing what happened.

And now it was time for this dinner with Beth and Robert and we would be bringing Lalexia, secretly Ed was in state and Marla would be meeting up with him, I asked her not to tell Shawn, I would tell him after he had left.

I mean, it's not like he was here for me and for Marla he was also work and I didn't want to stop her from working, I had decided that last quarter would be my last for at least a year so I could get through everything, figure my life out and then stay home with Collin for a little bit and was just working three days a week at the restaurant.

I knew that I probably shouldn't but with Shawn I could afford to I didn't let him pay everything but he insisted on at least splitting rent with us since he was pretty much living there and I let him and he bought groceries, my bills were much lower than before when I was renting the place with just Lalexia and I.

I got Lex dressed in something cute and I put on a nice but comfortable dress while Shawn put on a nice shirt with no tie and tucked it in and we got in the car to go to their place and I was surprised to feel no nerves.