Chapter 1: Let's Get Married

Giselle and Jordan

Today was the big day. My Wedding day. Family and friends had come in from all over to witness this joyous occasion. Scottie of course was the brains behind the operation. She pulled out all the stops to not only wow my groom and I but also the 200 people in attendance. I ditched my signature long curly hair for a honey brown color with big curls and my dress was custom made by a friend of mine who was a designer.

While I was getting my hair touched up I got a visit from my family. My mother and father looked amazing in their one of a kind dress and suit I had made for them.

"Well look at my baby girl. Darnell isn't she just beautiful? I could just cry ." My mother said as she fought back tears.

"Gina I think you're right. She reminds me of you on our wedding day. "

"Thank you mommy and daddy. And mama please don't cry. You shed one tear and I'm gonna need my makeup done again."

"Okay love. I'll try not to, it's just you look so gorgeous and happy."

"I am happy. I'm marrying the man of my dreams today."

"Well babygirl once they give us the greenlight, I will gladly escort you to him." My dad said.

As we were talking in comes my brother looking handsome holding Bakari who had on a cute little baby suit.

"If it isn't my two handsome baby boys. Come give me a hug." I said as I opened my arms to hug Devyn and hold Bakari.

Devyn and my parents were on baby duty last night as Jordan and I celebrated our last night as bachelor and bachelorette. Ever since our conversation at the hospital we've kept our promise to Devyn and made sure he didn't feel alone or left out.

"Hey sis it's a full house out there so I don't advise you busting ya ass. Way too many people gone see it."

"Wow. Just when I thought you were gonna be sweet you show me that's not possible. But thank you, I'll certainly take heed to your warning."

"Glad I could help." Devyn joked.

"Knock! Knock! Giselle your Groom is ready for you." Nathan said as he came into the dressing room.

My mother and Scottie adjusted my vail before we walked out to line up for the ceremony. I held on tight to my father's arms as we awaited the longest walk of my life.

"Babygirl....You ready!?" My father whispered.

"Yes daddy. I'm so ready."

*****