Chapter 38: Oh Happy Day

Omniscient

After having a successful lunch with Chloe's parents Mr. Christopher and Mrs. Zoey Greene on Saturday, Dezmond and Chloe were now getting ready for dinner at his mother's house. Today was Sunday and his mother Monique called the family over for supper.

While Chloe was nervous to see the mother of her unborn child's father simply based off their last encounter, Dez was nervous for a entirely different reason. While Mrs. Johnson was prepared to make amends with her son's girlfriend, she did not know that her grandson or granddaughter had been cool'n it inside her uterus for three months.

As Chloe applied her makeup, Dez stood behind her holding her growing baby bump in his large hands. He planted a soft kiss on her neck and they both smiled at the sweet gesture that they had full view of through Chloe's vanity mirror.

"You nervous Coco?" He asked her. Chloe sighed as she closed her Fenty beauty kit.

"Yeah maybe a little. Especially now that I know about you being a whole daddy Warbucks and then I end up pregnant. Doesn't really help my None Gold Digger campaign." Chloe said shrugging her shoulders.

"Well luckily for you, I don't care what she thinks. I'm in love with you. Especially now that you're carrying my child. If she got a issue with what we got going on well that's too damn bad." Dez said sternly.

Unlike others in their group of friends, Dez wasn't afraid to stand up for the way he chose to live his life. Even if it meant not being as close to the woman that birth him as he once was.

"The thing is babe I don't want you to have to lose your mom because of this. I'm just going to hope for the best."

Dez nodded in agreement. He didn't want to have to lose his mother either, but he wasn't just going to allow her to disrespect his woman. Especially when the rude behavior wasn't reciprocated by Chloe.

******

Some time later Chloe and Dez were seated at the dinner table that was also occupied by Brett and his wife Paisley and of course Monique. The table was silent as everyone escaped the awkwardness by stuffing their faces with smothered pork chops and rice, candied yams, mac'n cheese and collard greens.

All of this delicious food was also washed down with some of Paisley's freshly made Lemonade.

Setting her fork down, Monique cleared her throat preparing to speak.

"Dezmond it's nice to see you again, you look nice today." She said sweetly to her son.

Dez wiped his mouth with his napkin before speaking. " It's nice to see you to mama, and thank you. Chloe actually picked this outfit out." He responded.

"Well don't the little baby just look so cute in his whittle turquoise polo with the cute pink horsey." Brett joked in a baby voice.

"Nigga fuck you!" Dez shot back earning a nasty glare from his mother for his language.

"Now brother I know my Johnson says I might be part Man Dingo, but last I checked I'm still Caucasian." Brett joked with a smirk.

"Oh..My..God! Must you two be so vulgar and rude at the dinner table. And y'all both must've forgot I used to wipe ya them little tinkie winkies . They ain't that big!" Monique said that last part with a smirk.