Chapter 5: What about your friends?

Giselle and Jordan

It had been a few days since the ladies and I had got together for brunch. And honestly I was still pissed at Scottie for the way she came at me. I only said what I said to her, One because as her closest friend I thought  she worked too much. And two hopefully by me giving her the information I did she could at least give shawn peace of mind on something he came to my husband about because he knew his wife wasn't tryna hear about a delay in her career to fulfill his wishes of having a baby.

I was in deep thought cooking dinner for me and the boys when my cell buzzed. And the name of the only other person who could brighten my day with a phone call popped up.

"Hey mommy! How are you?" I answer excitedly.

"Girrrrl! Who the hell is them two damn fools your brother been running around town with!?" My mother blurted without even acknowledging my 'hey'.

"Huh!? Fools!? Mama I guess they his little friends I don't know."

"Well you better damn find out! I'm watching this damn TMI sports on the tv and I hear they out fighting in clubs and shit. And I know both they rabbit ass mama's didn't name them Monster and Fresh. Where they get that shit from!?"

"Mama it's TMZ and like I said, he told me they was his homeboys."

"Well I'm gone be a monster when I give them a fresh ass whoopin if something happens to my baby. If I gotta come up there and kick they ass and yours it's gone be hell to pay. Cause you supposed to be looking out for him." She drilled.

"I am looking out for him Ma! But your baby is a grown ass man." I retorted.

"I don't care you better nip this little gremlin and musty shit in the bud." I refrain from laughing at my mother's refusal to call them by what I assume to be nicknames.

"Anyway how's my little Snucka Puss!?" She asked in a baby voice.

"Yo Snucka Who!?..Bakari is good mommy. He be acting up with me though."

"Well then that's two of my babies you need to get in check. Tell my Son-in-love I said hey...Bye!"

"By-" The phone clicks off.

I know she didn't just hang up on me!? And how I get yelled at over Devyn!? This convo showed me no love at all. She better not call me yelling like that again or I'll hide her damn AARP card, How bout that!? But I was sure gonna get into Devyn's ass about his friends after being lashed at by mother who rarely ever yelled at me.

After fixing a drink following that odd conversation with my mother, Jordan, Kari and Dev return from playing basketball outside. Jordan pecks me on the lips be before running upstairs with Bakari to freshen up. Dev goes into the guest bedroom to shower and change.

Later we're all sitting in the dining room enjoying the Spaghetti, Salad and Cheese bread I prepared. We all shared a laugh watching Kari stuff his little cheeks with food. His daddy had to whipe the excess sauce slapped across his face.

"Is it good little Dev!?" Devyn asked.

"Mmhhmmm!" Bakari mumbled.

"So y'all mama called me today  fussing! And babe she told me to tell you hey!"

"Tell Ma I said hey." Jordan said.

"What mama fussing for?" Devyn asked taking a sip of the sweet tea I made.

"About you and these damn friends you got. She saw the confrontation from the club on TMZ. And where the hell you meet them at and what the fuck you fighting for?"