Chapter 27: Stickwitu

*This chapter is the preview  from AT MY BEST edited*

Jordan

Getting that text from her while I was at the Gym with Dez was extremely shocking. After how things ended I was almost certain that we would never speak again. But here I was sitting at the park waiting for her on my break. My nerves were all over the place. To tell you the truth I was scared that seeing her would bring back old feelings.

She was my college sweetheart and up until she fucked me over I saw a life with her. She was my world. You couldn't tell me that the sun didn't rise and set on her back then. Giselle owns my heart, but the way things have been between us has me feeling vulnerable. Since a couple days ago things have seemingly gotten better. She has been more affectionate towards me and it feels good. But there are times where she's still distant. If I find out she's cheating on me to be completely honest, I WOULD KILL HER. In cold blood no witnesses. OJ style without the glove.

I was weak for her and she knew it. Let me stop acting hard. If Giselle broke my heart I would die before even getting the chance to kill her. But as I sit here waiting for a ghost from my past to show up. I was afraid I'd break her's. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey JJ! How you doing?" She smiled wide as she approached me.

"Uh ummm, I- I-, I'm good Ashlyn how are you?" I stuttered. She was still the beautiful girl I fell in love with years ago.

"I'm good. It's been along time. You still look the same."

"Yeah umm, you too Ash. But either I'm tripping or your son stayed the same age and turned into a girl." I said with my eyes glued to the baby in her arms.

She chuckled at my bad joke as she kissed the baby's head

She chuckled at my bad joke as she kissed the baby's head. " Adonis is actually in school right now. This here is Amara. Say hi pretty girl!"

Amara smiled at me as she continued to eat her little fingers. The cuteness that was just oozing out of her only made me want a daughter of my own with Giselle. Hopefully it will happen soon. Ashlyn offered to let me hold her and I obliged as we talked.

"So I have to ask. What made you reach out to me?" I  questioned.

"Well I was at the doctors with Amara and as I flipped through a magazine I saw a advertisement for your center. As I was leaving I ran into Isaiah your old friend who still works there and asked for your number. Now here we are."