Chapter 45: When You Believe

Omniscient

"Guy's I got a pulse!" Asa one of the EMT's shouted just as her partner was ready to pull over the white sheet.

Giselle and Jordan's head both shot up. Jordan pulled his wife to her feet, before rushing to an unconscious Devyn. "We need to get him hooked up to a oxygen mask now!" Asa said ushering her partner to help her lift him into the ambulance.

"I'll ride with you guys!" Jordan said to them an they nodded. " Listen Mama I need you to get in Dev's Jeep and follow behind us okay baby." Jordan said to his wife who was still distraught.

She nodded letting him know she understood. Jessica their next door neighbor who is also the mom of Bakari's friend Jasper, offered to watch Bakari.

Jordan jumped in the ambulance as Giselle was able to back Dev's Jeep off the steps of the front porch. Zooming down the streets behind the ambulance, Giselle took this time to call her parents, brother and all of their friends. This was the time she needed everyone to rally together for her brother.

********

It was now 4:30am Tuesday morning. Devyn had been in surgery since 1:00am. Chloe and Scottie sat on either side of a puffy eyes Giselle. Chanel left to get her a cup of water.

Sincere was trying to calm Dave down after he punched several holes into the hospital wall. Dave was saddened by the news, but promised bloodshed and vengeance on those who harmed his baby brother.

Jordan on the other hand was completely numb. He watched Devyn die for a second time in the back of that ambulance. But Asa refused to give up. Dez sat next to his best friend in the chapel of the hospital as he sobbed on his shoulder.

"He's going to be okay Jay. Devyn is a fighter and he's resilient."

Jordan sniffles before lifting his head off of Dezmond's shoulder. " I love that kid so much..If he don't make it I don't know what I'll do. When his heart stopped the first time it felt like a piece of my heart stopped too."

"We just gotta have faith that he'll pull through and know that, God got it." Dez said reassuring Jordan.

*******

As the two men came back to the waiting room, Reggie and Shawn had just shown up, as well as Giselle's parents. To say Mama Gina was heartbroken was an understatement.

"Mama!" Giselle said with tears as she jumped up to embrace her mother. Giselle buried her face in her mother's shirt as Gina held her close. Papa Darnell hugged his first born and then his son-in-law.

"Baby girl how is he doing ?" Gina asked through tears.

Giselle pulled away from her mother wiping her face with her hand. "He's been in surgery since one so we don't know."

"Okay pumpkin. Dave, Jordan how you boys holding up?" She asked turning her attention to her oldest son and Jordan.

"I'm fucked up ma' to be honest." David admitted.

"And you?"

"Broken." Jordan simply stated with puffy red eyes.