Chapter 34: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Jordan and Giselle

This had to be one of the longest car rides ever. We all piled into the black Sprinter Van we rented while we were down here. Dave drove while the rest of us sat in the back. Reggie and Charles sat together then Devyn and Terrence. Shawn and Sincere sat in front of Dez and I. The ladies emotions was still high so Chloe and JT stayed back, plus I didn't want to see Scottie's hoe ass.

As pissed as I am at Shawn right now, we're still family and him being here still means a lot to me even if I wanted to punch him in his fucking face.

"Everything is going to be fine Jay! Okay?" Dez said trying to reassure me squeezing my shoulder.

I guess he could see the nervousness in my face. I nodded to him that I understood before turning away looking out the window. Replaying the moment the hospital called.

I was walking around Miami searching for my wife. I had called her phone several times and every time it would go to voicemail. But strangely a Miami number that I didn't recognize would call seconds later each time I called her.

After about the 5th time that happened I finally answered getting frustrated by whoever this was persistence.

"Who the fuck is this that keep calling my phone!?" I grunted.

"H-Hello! Is this Dr. Jordan Michaels?" The man asked hesitantly.

"Yeah this is me what do you want? I'm busy right now." I said annoyed.

"I'm sorry sir, this is Antonio Ramirez the Chaplain at the University of Miami Hospital. We have your wife Giselle Nicole Michaels here and we need you to come down."

Chaplain!? Chills ran down my spine and my heart dropped. Normally Chaplains called when something terrible happened, so immediately I got extremely worried.

"W-What h-happened? Is she ok? Is my wife ok?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"Your wife is okay, but I think you should come down here as soon as possible."

"O-Okay I'll be there soon, th-thank you!" I hung up. Scared to death I ran back to the house to get the guys.

"We're here!" Dave said breaking me out of my thoughts. Dez kept his arm around my shoulder as we made our way inside the hospital. We all piled into the elevator and road in silence to the fourth floor. Hearing the ding indicating we made it to our floor we exited.

I quickly walk to the front desk and stand before a older woman looking at a computer.

"Hello Young Man, May I help you?" She said sweetly

"Yes I'm Jordan Michaels, I'm here to see my wife Giselle." I told her.

"Excuse me sir did you say your name was Jordan Michaels?" I turned around and a Latina woman I assumed to be a doctor stood before me.

"Yes I'm Giselle Michaels husband."

"I've been expecting you sir I'm Dr. Yolanda Zevala. Do you mind if we speak privately for a moment?"