Chapter 36: Let's Get Away

The Michaels & Dez and Chloe

Omniscient

Today was an exciting day for the two couples . They had both scheduled appointments to find out the sex of their babies. It was also Chloe's idea to have their checkup's together. Dr. Jackie was hesitant but reluctantly she said yes.

"So Dez you excited about today?" Jordan asked him as they conversed walking into Jackie's office.

"Well I was, but baby mama here talking about she wants to have a gender reveal party." Dez frowned.

"Ooh! That sounds fun CoCo!" Gee said excitedly.

"I was actually thinking we have one together Gee." She responded sheepishly.

Giselle pondered on the idea poking her lip out and tapping them with the tip of her nails while holding on to her husband's hand in the elevator.

"We should do it! How about this, you get my results and I get yours?"

"Deal!" Chloe smiled big rubbing her growing belly. Unfortunately like Dez, Jordan was not here for it.

"So now I gotta Wait like this nigga!? Bae you know how excited a nigga was to find out about his baby girls." He said frustratingly.

Giselle smirked and patted his shoulder. "Oh well!" She said snickering in his face.

*******

After checking up on their babies and exchanging gender results Jordan, Gee, Dez and Chloe all went to lunch at Busy Bees Cafe a popular soul food restaurant in the city of Atlanta.

"So Dez as Chloe's best friend and sister I must ask, is there going to be a proposal anytime soon?" Giselle asked bluntly causing the whole table to stare at Dez intently awaiting his answer.

Dez sipped on his Sweet Tea before clearing his throat and addressing her question.

"Without a doubt I plan on proposing to this gorgeous woman. But before that happens, not only would I like to meet your parents, but I think it's time bae that you and my mom have a conversation. In fact this Sunday she invited us over for dinner." He said the last part now solely addressing Chloe.

Chloe places her fork down in her plate at the mentioning of Dezmond's mother.

"Ugh! I guess you're right. I'll go to this dinner, but the way my hormones is set up, I might say some crazy shit if she have that same energy from last time." Chloe said in all seriousness as she forcefully stabbed her Atlanta's Best Fried Chicken with her fork as if it was trying to run off her plate.

"Damn sis! Is she that bad?" Giselle asked jokingly, but quickly straightened up once Chloe gave her a look that meant Really Bitch!? As if Gee asked her some absurd question.

"Never mind then." Gee retreated now focusing her attention on the delicious Mac and Cheese that would ultimately make you wanna smack your mama!

Meanwhile next to them, the fellas were silently trying to see which of them was going to let the girls in on their bright idea. After several head shakes and nods and them mouthing No you do it!

Clearing his throat Jordan takes the initiative.

"So ladies! Since Myself and Giselle's one year wedding anniversary is coming up, Dez and I decided we should go on another couples trip."

Immediately Giselle and Chloe looked at the fathers of their born and unborn children like they had two heads. This only triggers the two pregnant women's PTSD from the last Couples Trip.

"I refuse to be in close proximity of the troll and the cheater. Especially after how foul Scottie did my girl." Chloe scoffed this time throwing her fork in her empty plate.

"I'm with Coco, I'm just not ready to deal with her. Shawn may not be on my good side right now, but I can deal with him over her." Giselle said uninterested in this idea.

"Relax baby mamas. This trip is solely for the four of us. Plus Shawn will be back in Canada for Devs court case and even Reggie started training camp. Jordan and I thought it would be a nice little pre push present before our lives changed." Dez said reassuring the women this would be drama free.

Giselle sighed pondering some more on the proposal of a trip. "So where exactly are we going?"

"We will be going to Positano, Italy." Jordan said happily. " We rented a house and everything. I think you two will love it, plus you deserve it." Jordan added trying to butter them up.

"What do you think baby?" Dez asked Chloe.

"Considering this is an excuse for me to indulge in nothing but Italian food, I'm down!" Chloe exclaimed.

"And what about you mama, you wanna go?" Jordan asked his wife hoping she had a change of heart.

"I'm in! Plus I'm bout to spend all yo money on clothes. Come on Chloe!" Giselle got up with a quickness pulling Chloe out of her seat. Leaving the boys stunned at how quickly these two women waddled out of the restaurant.

"What the fuck just happened?" Jordan asked with his mouth ajar.

"What the fuck just happened?"  Jordan asked with his mouth  ajar

"Sound like we just got played out of some money."
Dez replied with his arms folded. Just as he says that both him and Jordan get alerts on their phones.

"Nigga how!?" Jordan says rather loud earning a stern look from the older woman in the booth next to them.

"Bruh! Chloe ass just spent $600 in three minutes. But the mall is sixteen minutes away." Dez said trying to calculate how this was possible.

"Shit Giselle just spent $800." But how they ask?

With a smack of their teeth they simultaneously screech " Fashion Nova!" With an eye roll.

Feeling used and abused, the fellas got up from their seats and left after paying the bill with the money their significant other's managed not to spend within a matter of minutes.